Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Spring Hues for Those Little Piggies

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 50 Replies
1 mom liked this

Part of the fabulousness of spring fashion is the simplicity of it. Think of winter: you have to don a few layers, a coat, a pair of gloves, a scarf, and a hat. Okay, maybe earmuffs. With spring? You toss on a pair of pants, a shirt, maybe a cardigan or lightweight coat and you're done. Oh so simple.

The other part of the fabulousness of spring fashion? No more boots! You can, perhaps, start to don sandals or at least some sassy peep-toed wedges or a loafer, which means, possibly, those little piggies are going to be showing, which means you need a pedicure.

This leads me to yet another aspect to the fabulousness of spring fashion: the oodles of yummy nail color that just scream "fun."

Kiddo's favorite color is yellow, and she loves wearing the hue on her fingers and toes, but usually I avoid it. This one from Clinique, adorably named "Yellow Genius," may change my mind...subtle yet not TOO subtle, it's a great nod to the spring sunshine. From Sephora.

Every girl loves her teddy. You will want to snuggle up to "Teddy Girl" by Butter -- classy and chic, this pale pink one is completely perfect for any occasion. From Nordstrom.

"Darling" is, well, darling. This new one from Dior is your nail's BFF when you want a little more oomph with your pink: totally not bubblegummy pink, definitely not hot pink. Sophisticated and chic, it's going to be your new go-to. From Sephora.

You look at it and can't help smell the salt air. Totally breezy and pure fun, Essie brings a little pearly sheen to a seaside blue with Beach Bum Blu. From Essie.

"A spring neutral" is how I described Coral Silk to a mommy friend of mine. From Covergirl, it can go anywhere from Monday in the office to Sunday in the park. From Target.

Share you best nail color -- and the funniest name of a nail color you've run across!

©iStockphoto.com/Kirza

by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mikesmom65270
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 12:12 AM

I like Chicago Champagne Toast from OPI

Linds2Horse
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:36 AM
I usually do OPI Midnight in Moscow or Lincoln Park After Dark
lovinmykiddo07
by Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 2:40 AM
1 mom liked this

Mobile Photo

Mobile Photo

I have been doing jamberry nail wraps on my fingers, but I still prefer to paint my toes because they are shaped weird and I don't want to screw up the wraps trying to make them fit.
celestegood
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:01 AM
Pretty.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
wandep
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 7:24 AM

I don't usually paint my nails. Those are pretty tho.

kerryket
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:00 AM
Dd wants mint green.
johnny4ever
Yesterday at 9:27 AM
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:13 AM

I love Blue Tones

johnny4ever
Yesterday at 9:27 AM
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:14 AM
2 moms liked this

Jail Bait

elasmimi
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:25 AM

My granddaughter wanted to wear purple polish at her wedding, and I convinced her she would appreciate a more neutral color in pics in years to come. So I wore purple polish for her. (I'm usually very conservative, and this was 12 years ago)

cemcnair
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:29 AM
I don't wear nail polish.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN