Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How much "fighting" is normal ?

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:36 PM
  • 27 Replies
In a marriage or committed relationship ?
I use the term normal loosely and fighting includes arguing, disagreements ect.
by on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by Platinum Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 6:56 PM

i think it really depends on the couple. we fight a lot. but we are committed to each other, so we always get through it.

Mom2jngnc
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 8:29 PM

I think it depends. 
We don't fight often (as in about oncee a year) but when we do, it's a good one.... lol
We do disagree and discuss a bit, but very rarely does it result in a fight. 

SweetLuci
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:02 PM

I guess if you think it's too much...then it's too much, and should look for ways to stop a disagreement escallating into a fight. I think this takes a little time. I think it's best when you can learn to figure out ways of disagreeing without getting into personal attacks. Sticking to the issue at hand and not bringing up past griviances. If there always seem to be disagreement and arguing, maybe there are unresolved issues that need to be worked on with a counselor.

Whereismymind
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:51 PM
That's great :) I think its about how you come back from it. Some couples just naturally argue a lot.

Quoting brittany208:

i think it really depends on the couple. we fight a lot. but we are committed to each other, so we always get through it.

Whereismymind
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:51 PM
Lol! I think discussions are very common :)

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

I think it depends. We don't fight often (as in about oncee a year) but when we do, it's a good one.... lolWe do disagree and discuss a bit, but very rarely does it result in a fight. 

Whereismymind
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 9:52 PM
1 mom liked this
Good advice !

Quoting SweetLuci:

I guess if you think it's too much...then it's too much, and should look for ways to stop a disagreement escallating into a fight. I think this takes a little time. I think it's best when you can learn to figure out ways of disagreeing without getting into personal attacks. Sticking to the issue at hand and not bringing up past griviances. If there always seem to be disagreement and arguing, maybe there are unresolved issues that need to be worked on with a counselor.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:49 PM

We have disagreements but we always discuss it and it gets resolved. In all the years that we have been married we have had only one really huge fight and one smaller fight.

Whereismymind
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:51 PM
1 mom liked this
That's great :)

Quoting mamamedic69:

We have disagreements but we always discuss it and it gets resolved. In all the years that we have been married we have had only one really huge fight and one smaller fight.

chrissydan
by Gold Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 10:55 PM
Depends on the couple. We used to fight a lot when we first started out. But now not so much we get mostly snippy with each other
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Whereismymind
by Silver Member on Apr. 3, 2014 at 11:02 PM
We've been together 3 years and our fights are less and less :)

Quoting chrissydan: Depends on the couple. We used to fight a lot when we first started out. But now not so much we get mostly snippy with each other
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN