Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What Do You Do W/ Your Used Bras? (& suggestion)

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:16 AM
  • 33 Replies
1 mom liked this

WHAT DO YOU DO WITH YOUR  OLD BRAS THAT YOU ARE DONE WITH? 

Now that you know your old bras (even one) can help others so much... do you think you will consider donating them? : )

group hugturning into globe      hugging

SEND THE GIFT THAT CAN SAVE A LIFE: A BRA

More than 20 million women and girls around the world are being held as slaves. A few lucky ones are rescued and moved to safe houses. But without a livelihood, most turn to prostitution to support themselves.

Now they won't have to. Free the Girls turns survivors into businesswomen by giving them jobs selling second-hand clothing - especially bras. In many countries, a bra is a luxury. As a result, Free the Girls entrepreneurs in Mozambique, Kenya, Uganda, Mexico and El Salvador, earn 5 times the local minimum wage when they have bras to sell.

Me + You: They Need Bras and We Have Them. Bras are easy to donate. Most women in the west have at least one bra in the back of a drawer that they don't wear anymore. Last year, Free the Girls, shipped more than 100,000 bras, including thousands from Do One Nice Thing Nice-o-holics.

Be Mine: When you send a bra, what you're really sending are your heartprints - hope, comfort and strength straight from your heart. This year, instead of a big Valentines splurge, how about using some of the money to mail bras and get together with friends to collect them?

True Love: How to Help 
1. Ladies: Send a gently used bra or two - any style, any size
2. Ladies/Gents: Ask your friends, family and co-workers to send one
3. Click to donate money
4. More ways to help

Mail to: Free The Girls, 1552 Pioneer Trail, Chesterton, IN 46304. Click for drop-off locations (US including locations listed state by state in alphabetical order,  Canada, Africa)

View Full Size Image YVONNE

by on Apr. 6, 2014 at 5:16 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
kellysparkles
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:59 AM

That's a great idea!  I've always just worn bras until they broke (the underwire stabs me).  I've cut them up and used the clasps as additional extenders for other bras, though, and last summer I cut the cups out of one to put in the bottom of a planter to help retain water :P

Apr1l
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 9:05 AM
Recycle them usually the fabric recycling
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:27 AM

honestly, I wear mine until they fall apart, they wouldn't be of any use to anyone.

Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:28 AM
1 mom liked this
I wear mine until they fall apart. I may actually have a few i can donate because they are too small.
Linds2Horse
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:31 AM
I also wear mine until they fall apart.
kerryket
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:41 AM
1 mom liked this
Damn woman, you know how to squeeze the last drop of life out of a bra!

Quoting kellysparkles:

That's a great idea!  I've always just worn bras until they broke (the underwire stabs me).  I've cut them up and used the clasps as additional extenders for other bras, though, and last summer I cut the cups out of one to put in the bottom of a planter to help retain water :P

kerryket
by Silver Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this
I'll pass this around, I know I have some that I won't wear again and some dd grew out of that hardly got used, thanks for sharing this, I will be passing it along!
kellysparkles
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 10:59 AM

lol those things are expensive!  

Quoting kerryket: Damn woman, you know how to squeeze the last drop of life out of a bra!
Quoting kellysparkles:

othermom
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 11:59 AM
2 moms liked this

That is neat

othermom
by Gold Member on Apr. 6, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Quoting Linds2Horse: I also wear mine until they fall apart.

I do too

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)