Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How Often Do You Say "I Love You"?

Posted by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 56 Replies

The question at hand, ladies: how often do you say, "I love you" to your spouse?

When I ponder the whole saying "I love you" thing, I always think back to Star Wars.... well specifically, The Empire Strikes Back. Yes, a weird reference, but that's where the brain goes. Anyway, it's the part when Hans Solo is about to be cryogenically sealed up and taken to Jabba the Hut. Princess Leia is there, and she says, "I love you." Han looks at her...and do you remember what he says?

"I know."

Right, no "I love you" back! If I were Princess Leia, I would have been PEEVED. But, I still think Han was super awesome and the hunkiest, but that's another post topic.

We say it all of the time -- every time we talk on the phone, when we leave in the morning for work, before we go to bed. I know some couples don't say it as often. Others hardly at all. It's one of those things that I can't imagine not happening in a marriage. I don't necessarily think not saying "I love you" is a "marriage crime," but if a friend tells me she can't remember the last time she and her spouse exchanged those three words, yeah, I admit, it gives me a little pause.

But again, every relationship is different. I think I say it so much because my parents do, and they say it that often to me too. It transfers over: it is what my family did, the "normal" I am used to...but some families don't exchange the vocal love confession that often.

So, I wonder, how often is the average normal? Let's do a poll! How often do you say "I love you" to your spouse or significant other? All of the time (like every phone call, every night), at least once a day, or not even once a week?

How often do you say "I love you" to your spouse?

©iStockphoto.com/ maury75

by on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
RitaTequila531
by Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:01 AM
1 mom liked this
I show it more than I say it
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linds2Horse
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 1:13 AM
1 mom liked this
At least once or twice every day
chrissydan
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 8:21 AM
1 mom liked this
We say it a lot and make sure we show it as well
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saucy1
by Kristina on Apr. 16, 2014 at 9:17 AM
We don't tell each other all the time.
jessicasmom1
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 10:18 AM

as much as I can in a day everyday 

RobynS
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:35 AM

every day

wandep
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:43 AM

as much as I can every day. 

sarahjz
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:50 AM

Every single day, multiple times, usually.

kerryket
by Silver Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 11:51 AM

We say it quite a bit, but show it more.

brittany208
by Gold Member on Apr. 16, 2014 at 12:07 PM

multiple times a day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)