Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do You Believe in Psychic Powers?

Posted by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 97 Replies
2 moms liked this

How often has this happened to you: a song pops into your head. Maybe in the shower, maybe as you are walking down the street. Then you enter a store and it's playing on the speaker or you turn on the car radio and it's on...total weirdness (in such a cool way), right?

It's things like that that make me believe in the powers of our minds to "see" things.

Okay, we've been chatting about trusting our gut and those feelings that we feel that tell us something that reason or logic doesn't provide -- and that is one kind of seeing our minds and instincts provide us. But a distant cousin of instinct and intuition - like the fourth cousin once removed -- is extraordinary perceptions or psychicness (yeah, I know that isn't a word).

Now, there are a lot of psychics out there, folks claiming to see into the future and I know not all of them are on the up and up, as my grandfather would say. But, I think there are folks that have certain pathways to that part of their brain that others don't have access to...the subconscious powers scientists talk about in the regions of our brain we don't use.

Truth be told, I think there are those among us who are naturally psychic...and those, friends, are our kids. I think kids are born with much more openness to things we as adults are closed of to due to past experiences or just growing up and becoming clouded.

Now, I'm not totally wacky with this stuff. I'm not going to ask my kid to predict my future and make decision based on her advice, and I wouldn't do that with someone who claims to be a professional psychic either...but there are moments, happenings, occurrences that can't be explained, that go beyond coincidence.

So, what do you think? Do you believe in psychic powers? Have you ever seen a psychic?

©iStockphoto.com/ marekuliasz

by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Linds2Horse
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:12 AM
3 moms liked this
I believe in psychic powers, but I don't believe in psychics.

I had a psychic moment last week :). The company I work for has a huge conference/trade show coming up. They rent out California Adventures for one night and have a private concert. I just had a feeling since Feb that the bad was going to be Imagine Dragons, and I found out last week that they will be the band. I know it's silly, but stil..,,
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 12:47 AM
3 moms liked this
I believe in spirits, light and dark.... I would be remiss to turn and then say that I don't believe on some psychic power or at least that some people are more sensitive to their surroundings and the energies in our world.

When you see a babe, 9 months old, babbling at a wall and then giggling massively and then continuing the " conversation. " it can 't be imaginary.., they haven't made it that far in their development. I have to assume they are being visited.
It's actually the only " logical" conclusion.
Bob192
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:08 AM
2 moms liked this

nope

blondiemomof2
by Bronze Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 2:39 AM

Its hard to say....Sometimes it seems real

wandep
by Gold Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 7:25 AM

Nope :)

la1118
by Laura on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:05 AM

I believe we have some connections to the universe that we may not fully understand and that some people are more in tune with things.  I also believe that some things are just coincidence.  I think that feeling of deja vu may be some form of psychic power, too.

johnny4ever
Happy 11th Birthday Daniel!!!
Yesterday at 7:30 AM
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:08 AM

Yes..no I havent seen one.

SpiritedWitch
by Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:29 AM

Yes I do. I believe we are all born with them and for the most part, the majority of us allow society to tell us that having them is "bad" or "evil" and we supress them. HOWEVER, when a woman becomes a mother, her powers resurface. 

Now, as for those "dial-a-psychic" psychic ... yeah, no. Phonies that have learned how to read people. Utter crap. 

As it happens, both my husband and I have "gifts". I can see, hear and feel spirits and I have "feelings". Hubby has "visions". 

earthangel1967
by on Apr. 25, 2014 at 8:32 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes I  believe in  psychic powers. 

I also believe there are more scammers out there than real psychics. 

However I know one  that is absolutely speechlessly undoubtedly gifted psychic and medium and I got my husband an  hour reading with him for a gift and we both were stunned at the  details and specifics and stuff there is no way he could know or find online or anything at all no possible way and he told us stuff that made us laugh and  made us cry, sob even and when he  was done we looked at one  another and  agreed that reading felt priceless to us, literally.  We both agreed if one of us dies before the other we will go to him to connect and communicate with the other once or twice a year (He  wont  allow people to do it more than that because he said its not healthy for them to get dependent on it nor to get more caught up with those on the other side than in  their own  lives here on earth.) 

Todds dad didnt believe in  pyschics and mediums but  part of the reading involved his wife and  parents and mother and father in law and so we went to his house and  told him what they said and  his skeptical annoyed look  on his face, disappeared and he  was wide eyed and his mouth was hanging open just staring at us. He said There is NO WAY someone  could know that stuff. We said We know. He said well I still think most pyschics and mediums are fakes but I have to admit this guy HAS to be real. he has to be.  thank you so much for sharing  this with me. I cant tell you how much  it means to me. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

cemcnair
by Silver Member on Apr. 25, 2014 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this
I believe it's intuition.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)