Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Vasectomy VS tubes tied?

Posted by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:48 PM
  • 25 Replies

which is better? health and risks wise. is it less invasive for a man to get a vasectomy or for a woman to get her tubes tied? which has higher risks? which do you think is better? 

by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cabrandy03
by Brandy on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:50 PM

It's definitely less invasive for a man to get a vasectomy then a woman to get her tubes tied.  Vasectomies are an outpatient procedure while a tubal ligation is real surgery.  Other then that I don't know much about the subject.

proudmommy690
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:13 PM

Tubal ligations are outpatient as well. I had a tubal last year and it wasn't really bad. They knock you out before they start. I had a little pain in my belly for a few days but I was up and walking around shopping the next day. I haven't had any issues with it. I do have scars in my belly button but that's all. 

Quoting cabrandy03:

It's definitely less invasive for a man to get a vasectomy then a woman to get her tubes tied.  Vasectomies are an outpatient procedure while a tubal ligation is real surgery.  Other then that I don't know much about the subject.

wandep
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:19 PM
Neither I just have an iud every 5 years. It's great.:)
othermom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 2:32 PM

I think the vasectamy is easier

chattycassie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 3:19 PM

I think the tubes tied, as a women I am taking charge of my reproductive organs. IF I don't want children it is my job to prevent them. (using BC condoms and other options)

chattycassie
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 3:20 PM

I had mine tied the day after I gave birth to my youngest baby, I have the smallest scar on my belly button and NO complications except waking up SLOW from anesthetic

Quoting proudmommy690:

Tubal ligations are outpatient as well. I had a tubal last year and it wasn't really bad. They knock you out before they start. I had a little pain in my belly for a few days but I was up and walking around shopping the next day. I haven't had any issues with it. I do have scars in my belly button but that's all. 

Quoting cabrandy03:

proudmommy690
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 3:24 PM
1 mom liked this
Lol I had mine done a year after I had my last. Oh man I don't even remember getting dressed and coming home I was so out of it. But no complications with me either.

Quoting chattycassie:

I had mine tied the day after I gave birth to my youngest baby, I have the smallest scar on my belly button and NO complications except waking up SLOW from anesthetic

Quoting proudmommy690:

Quoting cabrandy03:

Stephanie116
by Bronze Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 3:34 PM
We had always discussed dh getting a vasectomy since it is a fairly simple in office procedure. A tubal was nothing I had ever thought about doing. But, our insurance doesn't cover men so now I'm forced to look into it if I want permanent protection. I've heard a tubal isn't too bad any more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
conweis
by Platinum Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 3:50 PM

I heard of tubal ligation pain. A vasectomy is less invasive and has a faster healing time.

Mom2jngnc
by Gold Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 5:15 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting wandep: Neither I just have an iud every 5 years. It's great.:)

I do this, with my DH's vasectomy...... when we decided to be done, we aren't going back!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN