Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Vasectomy VS tubes tied?

Posted by   + Show Post

which is better? health and risks wise. is it less invasive for a man to get a vasectomy or for a woman to get her tubes tied? which has higher risks? which do you think is better? 

by on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:48 PM
Replies (21-25):
johnny4ever
3 weeks till school starts!
Yesterday at 7:22 AM
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:26 AM

Not sure.I have my Uterus taken out and I was out for 2 weeks and couldnt lift till after 6 weeks.I think the man has it easier!

mrswillie
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:08 AM
I have no idea.
sarahjz
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:19 AM

They both have risks.  Vasectomy is less invasive.  The better option is whichever option works best for your family.

Desirae1394
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 5:26 PM

We researched this with our last as I was told I really needed to medically not have more kids. We found that there were risks and concerns for both. In the end, while Sean was more than willing to do the V since I'd done the pregnancies lol, we chose for me to have my tubes tied. It made no sense to me that we should both go under a knife (I have Csections). Plus, with the tubes it's just done. With a vasectomy you have to.... clear the tubes... for a few months before you're really 'fixed'.

PennOhioBabe
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 11:47 PM

I had my tubes tied 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)