Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Close Friends

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:32 AM
  • 23 Replies

How many close friends do you have? As in, not just FB friends, but people you could talk to if you needed to talk about something serious/personal?

by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Apr. 30, 2014 at 7:54 AM
I have 3 very very close friends.
earthangel1967
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:02 AM

1. Todd's my absolute BFF.Can tell him absolutely anything under the sun, no matter what it is, more than anyone in the world I've ever known. There is no one I've ever trusted more or felt more accepted and understood and cared about more than him. We are a great support team for one another. He always knows the perfec thing to say or do to make me feel better, it's like he's magic or something I swear! 

2. All 5 of our adult kids are very very close trusted friends now that they are adults on their own, we're very close knit. We are always here for them to vent to anytime they need it , even though they handle thngs impressively well on their own, they like that they have someone to call to just vent or think aloud with that they know won't judge them even if we don't agree and we won't tell them what to do or not to do. We just give them a listening ear and emotional support and an honest opinion IF they ask for one. If there is something major happening with us we keep them up to date but in a way to make sure they don't worry for nothing, because Todd and I always work any curveballs life throws our way very very well even if it's hard and they know that. 

3. I consider my parents my 3rd best friends and can tell them almost everything big or small and we talk long distance often. If it's something I don't want  them to stress and  worry about excessively more than approprriate then I might not tell them at least until its' over with and if its something  I dont want our HUGEEEE extended family to know I don't tell my mom bc her whole side of the family are blabber mouths. haha

4. 4th closest friend is my only sister who is 13 mos younger than me and lives 11 hrs away in a another state but we email at least once or more times a day and  share a lot that way. She is very loving and caring but totally opposite of me is very judgmental so there are some things I won't share with her for that reason alone. But most things I can. 

5th closest friends are Todds' family... his dad and sister and  brother .. we love them dearly but don't confide in them quite as much because they have a bit of a different dynamic than we do, but they are always very supportive and sweet if we do. We certainly like to share the happy good stuff with them and SOME of the difficult stuff but not all of it because Todd's dad's health is bad and his brother and sister have their own things to deal with and we don't like to cause them unnecessary stress or concern. 

6th closest friends I consider my friends here on cafemom because I visit you ladies pretty much daily and  feel close to you  and  feel like you care. I truly consider you my FRIENDS. : ) And i care about all of you too! Genuinely!  I feel like I can be myself on here just the same as I am in offline life and be very honest. I've shared good times with  my friends here and I have turned to cafemom friends for comfort and suppport in scary or painful times and they were all there for me which has more than once even brought tears to my eyes it meant so much and I even read some of the replies to Todd which he was touched too. 

That's  it and  that's plenty for me!

View Full Size Image YVONNE

mrswillie
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:05 AM
3. Dh and I do a lit with them. We vacation together, have monthly pot lucks, and are there when needed.
kmqw229
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:00 AM
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Brenna
by New Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:00 AM

I dont have a ton sadly.

Mom2jngnc
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 9:54 AM

A couple... depends on what it is which one I talk to..... 

othermom
by Platinum Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:11 AM

A few. My best friend and my husband

sarahjz
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 10:14 AM

Not counting my 2 sisters, 3.

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:17 PM

Other then dh I have one.  I have lots of friends but not many that I'm especially close to.

Mom2Boys9501
by Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 2:30 PM
One
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN