Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Do you have a dog(s)

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:03 PM
  • 54 Replies

If so, do you take them out regulary or do they pretty much stay at home?  

We take our dog everywhere with us but my parents don't take their dogs anywhere other then for a short walk a few times a week.  Just curious what other people do with their dogs.

by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Gold Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:04 PM
We don't have dogs
oliveoil423
by Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:08 PM

my parents dog with my daughter.

i help take care of him feed him and give him water and take him sometimes on a walk. but he has to stop at every mail box and sniffs. but we dont take him every every where cause its just a hassel. so he stays home and sleep and be by him selfs before my daughter gets home and bothers him.

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:10 PM

Awww they look like they're buddies  :)

Quoting oliveoil423:

i help take care of him feed him and give him water and take him sometimes on a walk. but he has to stop at every mail box and sniffs. but we dont take him every every where cause its just a hassel. so he stays home and sleep and be by him selfs before my daughter gets home and bothers him.

letstalk747
by Silver Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:12 PM

summertime we take here to the park alot

oliveoil423
by Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:16 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting cabrandy03:

Quoting oliveoil423:

my daughter loves him. theyve been good buddies since he got over the jealous part when she was born. they play with each other.

ame19
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this

We have 3 current dogs - 2 German Shepherds & 1 Shihtzu/Pug mix. My in-laws took my Pomeranian because they fell in love with him and they have an older dog that needed company. My parents moved and now we've been taking care of him and he's a huge Pyreneese/German Shepherd mix. They all get to go outside since we live in the middle of no where and we only have one other neighbor who has dogs. My parents dog usually stays in his pen and so does one of our german shepherds since they are huge compared to the rest. They love people, but jump. It depends where we go in order to take them anywhere though. If we go to my in-laws then we take all, but the 2 bigger dogs. Sometimes if we run to get fast food or something we'll take them with us for a short ride or else we leave them at home.

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:19 PM

That's nice, I think it's good for kids to have a dog.  Our chihuahua was very jealous when my daughter was born but he got over it pretty quickly.  They really love each other now, he's very protective of her.

Quoting oliveoil423:

Quoting cabrandy03:

Quoting oliveoil423:

my daughter loves him. theyve been good buddies since he got over the jealous part when she was born. they play with each other.

CafeMom TickersCafeMom Tickers
Lordgodempress
by Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:21 PM

I would love a dog, I could take places but my dog is an elderly Basset Hound and she doesn't like to move much lol.  Seriously I had to physically move her so I could sweep underneath.  She gets really nervous in public and since I didnt have her til she was 5, I felt like it was a little late to change her mind.

Jukebox_Jenny
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2014 at 12:29 PM
We don't have dogs.
earthangel1967
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 1:40 PM

We have a cat and a bird and we've traveled even into other states  with both of them. But mostly they prefer to stay at home and we take them out only to go to vet visits.  The  bird LOVES going in the car but the cat hates it. They both love being indoor pets in our apt though and  the bird flies freely outside his cage 12  hrs a day. 

puppy As for dogs, we, ourselves don't have a dog anymore but we are very loving doting grandparents to our 4 granddoggies.... 

Daughter  Brittany 25's yorkie BUXTON- she  loves to take him on walks, bike rides, running, for truck rides to various places she goes, with her to her friends  houses... etc. When she is at work he stays at her  apt or if she is going to work extra long  hours or has evening plans so she  won't be home til late then she  takes him over her 2 adult brothers house they rent so he has companionship since they love him  too.

Daughter Michae'la's almost 22's Australian Cattle Dog (6 mos old puppy) Mavric -

she has to leave him home alone  when she is at work, but she takes him on long walks and to dog parks and for hikes in the woods, and out running and  biking and visiting family and  friends. She would love to go on long trips with  him someday when she can afford it and other adventures

Daughter Amanda 20 1/2 has both Pitbull/bulldog Chevy and chihuahua Flare. Flare stays at home when she is at work but Chevy needs more supervision so stays at her boyfriends grandma's house in the day since she has large  yard and other dogs to play with. Amanda tends to bring  Flare more places bc she is more like a cat than most cats and wants to be held all the time where as Chevy is more crazy so can't go as many places appropriately but she gets lots of attention and  exercise. 

View Full Size Image YVONNE

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)