Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

New Momisms I Want to Say!

Posted by on May. 2, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 42 Replies

The Hurrieder you go, the Behinder you get.

It wasn't a momism that my mom said, but these words have hung on the walls of my parents' kitchen as long as I can remember. It was a good "momism," a wise one, one I now say to my daughter when she's rushing and, yeah, I mentally say it to myself if I find I am scattered and all over the place.

I liked the part of the video where Joanie mentioned some of the momisms her mom would tell her...like "Buy good shoes." Words of wisdom passed along after years of living this life. I've been trying to say more of those types of momisms to Kiddo. What wisdom sugar am I sprinkling over our bowls of conversation? Check these I found on Pinterest. Maybe I'll print some out and hang them in our kitchen!

So true, right? Perfect words to say when the kiddo has had one of those days.

If there's been a tiff with a buddy or when there's a group of mean girls, help her keep her chin up.

All of your kids will go through the periods of wanting to fit in...that struggle to be comfortable being yourself is rough.

When the kiddo wonders about how to tackle this strange big world, toss this into the convo.

Again, learning how to navigate relationships takes time. These words are a good one to remember (for all of us!)

Words to boost him when he didn't score any goals at the soccer game or didn't get cast in the play.

Just perfect for so many conversations, especially after chores weren't quite completed due to too much iPad playing.

This is great when maybe the day starts out rough.

What tiny wisdom momism do you share with your kids?

©iStockphoto.com/marekuliasz     

by on May. 2, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 12:12 AM
" pretty is as pretty does"

A favorite my mom used to say frequently that I pass to my boys ( with a more masculine adjective ) it keeps one humble and open to caring about those around them.
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 7:52 AM

At the end of the day its all worth it

mrswillie
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 8:52 AM
I love, one small positive thought can change a day. It reminds me of what a friend says...power of words.
mrswillie
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 8:53 AM
I love this.

Quoting Momofmenagerie: " pretty is as pretty does"

A favorite my mom used to say frequently that I pass to my boys ( with a more masculine adjective ) it keeps one humble and open to caring about those around them.
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:03 AM
Me too... Brief, easy to comprehend pretty early on and a more " thoughtful " meaning as one gets older.

Quoting mrswillie: I love this.

Quoting Momofmenagerie: " pretty is as pretty does"

EmptyNestMama
by Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:19 AM

"Keep on keepin on!" I heard that a lot as a kid!

But now I say, Don't stop trying. You can always begin again!

GypsiSky
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:29 AM

My favorite... Thoughts become things.

My kids are taught this early, so they know the power of their thoughts and how to use it to live an amazing life.

DNewman
by New Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:35 AM

Are you listening? 

~The biggest communication problem we have is when we do not listen to learn, but listen to reply!

goddess99
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:48 AM

Those are great sayings.

Whereismymind
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 9:52 AM
I love these!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)