Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Would you donate money for this?

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 24 Replies

There are websites now where you can go and beg for money for just about anything. Would you donate for something like this to a complete stranger? Who knows where the money goes???

Hello everyone, 

My dog Sophie went in for a simple spay on April, 29th 2014 and has taken a turn for the worst. Sophie is a year and a half old, weights 2.5lbs, and is a yorkie/chiuhuhua mix. We voiced our concerns about the surgery but were told that even though she is high risk she should do fine.....we were all wrong. 

Shortly after Sophies surgery she became very ill and in severe pain. We rushed her to the emergency clinic twice on Tuesday and to her regular vet on Wednesday. By Wednesday night she was finally feeling better and we thought we were on the road to recovery....once again we were wrong. 

Early Thursday morning Sophie had a seizure from low blood sugar and was once again rushed back to the emergency vet where she has remained. The vet wanted to keep her overnight as they had to put a jugular catheter in since they have poked her little veins to much over the past couple days. The bills for all these episodes has already cost us almost $2000.00 and we are sadly capped out.

This morning I received a call from the vet saying that Sophie has now developed pancreatitis and will need hospitilization for another 4-7 days which for 4 days the "estimate" was $4,500.00. 

Our vet told us that the outlook would be good if she is able to stay in the hospital and get treatments.....unfortunatley though we can not afford to pay for these so now we're asking you all for help.....ANYTHING would be amazing! 

Thanks for your time!

Posted by Anonymous on May. 2, 2014 at 1:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cabrandy03
by Brandy on May. 2, 2014 at 1:25 PM
If it was someone I knew or a friend of someone I knew and I could be fairly sure the story was real, sure I'd donate. I probably would not donate to a complete stranger because who knows what they're actually doing with the money.
On a side note a fb friend of mine started a fund the either day for gas money to make it to his first pay day. We told him we couldn't donate money but could help with rides. He declined so I'm assuming that's not what he actually wanted the money for.
TigerofMu
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 1:34 PM

If it was a friend or family member and I knew that it was a real need.  Otherwise, we have specific charities and things that we already donate to.

momofsixangels
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 1:52 PM

I had a gofundme page last month. It was to help with funeral expenses for the 3 homeless friends that were murdered. I raised 2,300 in 2 weeks. A lot of donations came from people who didnt know me

kerryket
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 1:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm, I would want something backing it up, having the vet clinic sign onto it or approaching the media and or another kind of agency to add credibility, sorry but these days there are way to many people pulling scams.
wandep
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 2:17 PM
Nope
momofnatalie
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 2:36 PM

I wouldn't, if I don't know the person than I would not. 

Mom2jngnc
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 2:39 PM

I wouldn't..... 
if it was someone I knew I would see what I could do.... but something seems off. 

Stephanie116
by Bronze Member on May. 2, 2014 at 3:23 PM
Probably not.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Whereismymind
by Silver Member on May. 2, 2014 at 7:48 PM
Only someone I knew like a friend or family member.
liveforever
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2014 at 8:07 PM
I probably wouldn't donate unless it was someone I knew.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)