Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Skincare Tips We Should All Do Every Day

Posted by on May. 6, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 51 Replies

Mother's Day is this weekend...and I have a feeling quite a few of us will be getting some sort of present. Maybe flowers, maybe jewelry, maybe some hand-made item from those little beings whose presence in this world lets us qualify as moms. Still others may get a day at the spa to refresh us.

I'm not necessarily a spa gal, but I've been noticing that my skin needs a little extra care these days. Age, stress, who knows what is making my glow a little less glowy. Yeah, it's rather dim, folks. That's why I was pretty jazzed to see what we were chatting about this week on Mad Life: mom's beauty routine. It's all about how we moms can keep our skin looking good and healthy while also doing the 1,000,021 things we have to do everyday.

As I've been trying to get my glow back it optimum glowyness (is that a word?), a few tips have popped up over and over again as the BEST things we can do for our skin.

-- Get sleep. Everyday stress of Life creates a surge in cortisol, a stress hormone, which makes your face kind of icky (think breakouts). What combats cortisol? Sleep. Getting that proper eight hours every night can make a huge impact on the health of your skin.

-- Wear sunscreen. This was probably the one piece of advice I read over and over again: wear sunscreen every day. That's 365 days, friends, not just the days with warmer weather. Many dermatologists recommend wearing a moisturizer with an SPF of at least 30.

-- Reapply sunscreen. This was the second most popular piece of advice I read. Sure, you may put sunscreen on in the morning, but what about that afternoon playdate in the park? By then, your sunscreen has worn off. Reapply at least two or three times a day.

-- Wash your face at night and moisturize. It's wisdom your mom gave you, but she was right. No matter how tired you are, be sure to wash your face with a cleanser at night before going to bed. One trick: keep an extra bottle of your nighttime moisturizer by your bed, so when you are laying there and you realize you forgot to put it on, you don't have to go all of the way back to the bathroom.

-- Wear sunglasses. Those wrinkles around the eyes are the first ones to pop up, and the main ones that make us sigh when looking in the mirror. Battle them by wearing sunglasses, which helps to prevent the wrinkle-causing sun squint we all do.   

Which of these best skincare tips do you do? Which do you need to get better about?

©iStockphoto.com/AnsonLu

by on May. 6, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
blondiemomof2
by Bronze Member on May. 6, 2014 at 1:14 AM

Good tips. I do most of them. I don't moisturize at night though. Just in the morning.

Linds2Horse
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 1:43 AM
I do all of these. Now. I didn't moisturizer until recently.
celestegood
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2014 at 6:21 AM
Good tips!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
cemcnair
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:23 AM
I agree and I do all of these.
cemcnair
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:23 AM
You should also exfoliate occasionally.
la1118
by Laura on May. 6, 2014 at 9:02 AM
I need to get better at all of them, especially washing my face at night.
brittany208
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:45 AM

I don't do a great job with any of these

Leelee1008
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:49 AM

I do most of them too.

Leelee1008
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:50 AM

i cant even walk outside for a minute without sun glasses.. It KILLS my eyes... Im pretty much a memeber of the raccoon family all year round LOL

ceciliam
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 9:55 AM

Good tips. I pretty much do all of these.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)