Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

That is NOT an appropriate prom dress!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

DS is in 10h grade and he asked a girl to the prom which is next week. Last night she texted a pic of the dress she'll be wearing (that's not her, just a pic of the dress).

I think it's super slutty!  Too short and looks like lingerie.  How could her parents let her wear that??

Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Replies (11-20):
ATG499
by on May. 6, 2014 at 12:42 PM

I'd allow it... if my daughter wore shorts underneath. lol

cabrandy03
by Brandy on May. 6, 2014 at 1:02 PM
I actually really like it. I agree it would be better and more high school appropriate if it were a little longer though.
jellyphish
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 1:11 PM
5 moms liked this
This is what I was thinking. Plus it could be airbrushed to make her legs look taller/skinner and the dress, therefore, shorter. I really have no qualms with this dress, as long as it stays on.

Quoting aurorabear:

I would just like to say that the MODEL in the dress is probably 6 feet tall! The dress might very well be down to this girls knees! 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Teeshann
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 1:14 PM
1 mom liked this

ya when i think of prom i think of gowns, not a dress.

hopefully my daughter keeps her tastes. we saw some girls from our highschool in their prom dresses and she thought they were so pretty and loved that they looked like princesses.

sarahjz
by Gold Member on May. 6, 2014 at 1:24 PM
1 mom liked this

I'll be honest, I expected much worse.  It doesn't look slutty to me.  Maybe it is too short.  Maybe she'll wear shorts underneath it.  

Whereismymind
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 6:36 PM
I think it's cute.
chattycassie
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:13 PM
2 moms liked this

There is NOTHING wrong with that dress. I would allow my daughter to wear it to prom.

liveforever
by Platinum Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:22 PM
2 moms liked this
I was expecting worse. I don't think its that bad. It does have a nighty-ish look..not something that's my taste.

Some of the super low cut, and cut out dresses I've seen were way worse than that.
kit_manson
by Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:34 PM
I expected something way worse. That's pretty average. My 8th grade graduation dress was of similar length on the model... But went to my knees.
momofnatalie
by Silver Member on May. 6, 2014 at 7:37 PM

Personally, I probably wouldn't want my daughters wearing that since it looks like lingerie. However, if her parents are ok with it, then there is not much you can do. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN