Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

That is NOT an appropriate prom dress!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

DS is in 10h grade and he asked a girl to the prom which is next week. Last night she texted a pic of the dress she'll be wearing (that's not her, just a pic of the dress).

I think it's super slutty!  Too short and looks like lingerie.  How could her parents let her wear that??

Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Replies (31-40):
ladybugchick317
by on May. 7, 2014 at 4:57 PM

I think it is cute.

M4LG5

It's cute but it does need to be longer. 

OHgirlinCA
1 mom liked this

I see nothing wrong with that dress. 

***shrugs***

Mrs.Kubalabuku
1 mom liked this

It wouldn't pass the local school dress codes if it fit her the same way it does the model.

HOWEVER

I rarely see those dresses look "as bad" as they do online.  It's probably longer on the girl and if paired with a shrug or wrap more modest.

KittyGram
2 moms liked this

Really?!?!?!  I'm pretty conservative, but I don't see anything wrong with this dress.  Sure, it could be a little longer, but I really don't think it's excessively short.

KenneMaw
by on May. 7, 2014 at 4:58 PM
1 mom liked this

I agree that I think this pic has probably been photoshopped and the dress is probably mid-thigh, which is fine for a party dress.   I would need to see it in person, on my DD before I made the decision, but it is a cute dress.

I do have a question for you, as the mother of a boy - you say the dress is too short, maybe a tad slutty, so does that mean your son will be excused if he tried to grope her because 'she was asking for it" because in your eyes she was wearing something too short???????

MrsNewman
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 4:59 PM
1 mom liked this
Looks like a prom dress to me.
lilmama31709
by on May. 7, 2014 at 4:59 PM
The dress looks short, but unless she's a runway model and is 5'10 like the girl in the picture I doubt it's going to look so short.
MrsNewman
by Member on May. 7, 2014 at 4:59 PM
Looks like a prom dress to me.
lilmama31709
by on May. 7, 2014 at 4:59 PM
The dress looks short, but unless she's a runway model and is 5'10 like the girl in the picture I doubt it's going to look so short.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)