Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

That is NOT an appropriate prom dress!

Posted by Anonymous   + Show Post

DS is in 10h grade and he asked a girl to the prom which is next week. Last night she texted a pic of the dress she'll be wearing (that's not her, just a pic of the dress).

I think it's super slutty!  Too short and looks like lingerie.  How could her parents let her wear that??

Posted by Anonymous on May. 6, 2014 at 10:06 AM
Replies (551-556):
RyansMa11
by on May. 25, 2014 at 12:53 AM

Short dresses are in this season. My rule of thumb is this: No shorter than fingertip length and her boobs must NOT be popping out in any way, shape form or fashion. I think the dress is cute and the truth is her parents approved her and you have NO say in it. Trust your son and believe in the way you have raised him. Clothes do NOT determine a person's character!

Robin-Christine
by Member on May. 31, 2014 at 8:37 PM

I do not like it and would not allow my DD to wear this. I do not have a DD. I do know that my sons high school all prom and other dance dresses muyst also adhere to dress code,this dress would not be allowed. Some local  schools actually have the gals bring their dresses in to be preapproved. Some have tried bringing in an approved dress then dressing different on prom night and being turned away at the door

Anonymous
by Anonymous 35 on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:17 AM
But then when a pervert tries touching her/looking at her will you still feel the same way?

Quoting summerlove3677:

Lol why the ""? There is no "" about it. I am a mom. That prom dress is nothing compared to what's out there. I would know, I just went prom dress shopping with my 16 year old sister. Trust me, that dress is sweet compared to the other options.

You think its too short, I don't. Calm your ass and either go have a drink or an orgasm. Either one will relax you lol.  I'm so glad I'm not uptight and that's I'm easy going.  It must be so tiring to be so high strung.

Quoting Anonymous: Says the "mom" with the nude profile picture. I think it's too short. I also think the dresses everyone is posting to defend this one are too short! They are CHILDREN! Be a PARENT and teach your children appropriate dress!

Quoting summerlove3677:

I think it;'s pretty. I wont have a problem with letting my daughter wear it.  Loosen up

johnny4ever
by Silver Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 7:33 AM

Way to short 

summerlove3677
by New Member on Jun. 2, 2014 at 8:38 AM

lol I will teach my daughter what I was taught.  Someone looking at you, doesn't hurt you and the looks are to be ignored.  Someone put his/het hands on you in a way that is not allowed or wanted, she will use her words to end it and if that doesn't stop them, her fists and kicks will.  lol  I will be 35 this month and that has worked just fine for me

Quoting Anonymous: But then when a pervert tries touching her/looking at her will you still feel the same way?
Quoting summerlove3677:

Lol why the ""? There is no "" about it. I am a mom. That prom dress is nothing compared to what's out there. I would know, I just went prom dress shopping with my 16 year old sister. Trust me, that dress is sweet compared to the other options. You think its too short, I don't. Calm your ass and either go have a drink or an orgasm. Either one will relax you lol.  I'm so glad I'm not uptight and that's I'm easy going.  It must be so tiring to be so high strung.

Quoting Anonymous: Says the "mom" with the nude profile picture. I think it's too short. I also think the dresses everyone is posting to defend this one are too short! They are CHILDREN! Be a PARENT and teach your children appropriate dress!
Quoting summerlove3677:

I think it;'s pretty. I wont have a problem with letting my daughter wear it.  Loosen up

kstchr
by Member on Jul. 7, 2014 at 5:26 PM

I don't care for it myself, but if her parents don't have a problem with it, then obviously they think it's fine for their daughter. I agree, spaghetti straps would help...and an extra inch or two on the length would be good, but I have seen MUCH worse, even on regular school days when I've subbed at the high school. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN