Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Edit apparently they didn't believe this......

Posted by on May. 13, 2014 at 3:44 PM
  • 37 Replies

I got called at 0630 asking if I could work this afternoon at our middle school. 

Sure, no problem. 

As I walk to the main doors, I see the bike rack. Oddly I see a bike that looks identical to my 14 yr old sons bike. Which would be really odd as I can't see too many 6/7th graders riding a bike that was a 2005 demo. Then I see the helmet with it's "spikes." Oh. that is my 11 yr olds helmet. 

I see him between classes.... 
"How did you get to school?"
"Garrett's bike."
" Did you miss the conversation last night about bike swapping?"

I get home about 3pm. The 14 yr old is lounging on my chair.....  

"How did you get to school today?

"My bike?"

" I subbed at the middle school. Do you want to stick with that?"

"Well,. CJ took my bike. I walked."

I go outside......

"Johnny, how did Garrett get home?"

"oh, Cj's bike."

I could scream! Went through thsi lengthly discussion last night that they don't swap bikes. Garrett can't keep two cents in his pocket. So repairs can't be done.....
Now I know most of this is CJ bought a 2013 specialized whatever it is...... Garrett has a 2005 specialized whatever that he bought in 2008. So it is really a case of "his is newer and nicer and I want it."

EDIT - I wasn't plain enough above apparently. My 14 year old is the kind of kid that can do things that you can't.... meaning he can pick on you, to the point where you cry... but you say one thing back to him.... and he is stomping off slamming doors and has been known to just start throwing punches. 

If CJ were to break Garrett's bike, even have a tire go flat.... Garrett would be all over him..... Even if by teh time he found out CJ had already googled the location of the parts and was asking for a ride to teh credit untion to withdrawl and then to the bike shop 40 minutes away. 

If Garrett were to have something happen to CJ's bike, Garrett would put it back in the shed and act like he has no idea what is the matter with it.

Really this boils down to "I know my kids, I know their personalities."  

by on May. 13, 2014 at 3:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2014 at 3:49 PM

I hate when they lie to me. I always tell my kids to tell the truth. I will still be mad but when they lie to me it makes it worse

wandep
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2014 at 4:01 PM

Yep

LindaClement
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2014 at 4:42 PM

It's their bikes, why do you even care?

My kids shared all kinds of their stuff (still do, actually)... I could not have cared any less that I do.

kerryket
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 5:45 PM

Well, if he messes up the bike he will have to come up with the dough or work it off with his brother (or you)...would that work?

proudmommy690
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2014 at 5:52 PM
How frustrating. I hate being lied to.
momofnatalie
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 8:36 PM

Kids!

Linds2Horse
by Silver Member on May. 13, 2014 at 10:47 PM
Ugh!
Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on May. 13, 2014 at 11:16 PM
That sucks. I'm battling with my almost 3 year old because he'll hurt his sister then run away to make it look like he's innocent. He doesn't realize i can hear his footsteps.
.Angelica.
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 9:45 AM

they won't understand until they are parents and their kids are doing the same to them. lol

Hannahsmommy816
by Silver Member on May. 14, 2014 at 9:52 AM

idk what i would do on that one!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)