Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Fast and easy meal ideas?

Posted by on Jun. 1, 2014 at 8:22 AM
  • 57 Replies
Who has a recommendation for me?

I think I've mentioned before that on baseball nights we are gone from 5:30-7:45, which makes it hard to fit in dinner... At least when it comes to my kindergartner, for whom 8pm is a late school night bedtime! I'd like to eat dinner before baseball, but I don't want to serve just junk. It's been a challenge!

What do you eat on nights when your family needs a quick and easy dinner?
by on Jun. 1, 2014 at 8:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ablackdolphin
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:06 AM
Whole roasting chicken then use leftovers for fried rice tacos or bbq chicken pizza
mamamedic69
by Deanna on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:26 AM
I use the crock pot for busy days.
wandep
by Gold Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:29 AM

We usually fix...

Tacos/taco salads

Hamburgers, hot dogs, and steam veggies bags in the microwave.

Breakfast for supper

Spaghetti is always easy..you could make the sauce up a head of time. We don't do this often since hubby doesn't like spaghetti.

You could cook fish fillets in a pan on the stove for about 10 mins or till they look done.. I just sprinkle  mine with lemon pepper seasoning and put some butter in the pan. I serve it with steamed veggie bag from the microwave.

wandep
by Gold Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:31 AM

Also you could pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. We are members of Sam's Club and you can get a HUGE whole chicken for less than $5.00. It is already cooked and ready to eat.

othermom
by Gold Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 9:35 AM

burrtios and spaghetti are two of our favorites

SarahSuzyQ
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 10:34 AM
Any favorite crock pot meals? I use it in the winter for soups and stews, but I'd like to find more summer crock pot recipes...

Quoting mamamedic69: I use the crock pot for busy days.
SarahSuzyQ
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 10:35 AM
Pasta would be great if DS liked pasta sauce. :-( We do still eat it, but not as frequently since it's not a favorite.

What kinds of fish? I'd like to start adding more fish to our diet.

Quoting wandep:

We usually fix...

Tacos/taco salads

Hamburgers, hot dogs, and steam veggies bags in the microwave.

Breakfast for supper

Spaghetti is always easy..you could make the sauce up a head of time. We don't do this often since hubby doesn't like spaghetti.

You could cook fish fillets in a pan on the stove for about 10 mins or till they look done.. I just sprinkle  mine with lemon pepper seasoning and put some butter in the pan. I serve it with steamed veggie bag from the microwave.

SarahSuzyQ
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 10:36 AM
I do like the idea of having leftovers, but I'm the picky eater in our house who doesn't like standalone chicken... :-)

Quoting ablackdolphin: Whole roasting chicken then use leftovers for fried rice tacos or bbq chicken pizza
SarahSuzyQ
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 10:37 AM
This is what the guys do on nights when I'm out at youth group. I don't like chicken like this, and they do, so we save it for those times.

Quoting wandep:

Also you could pick up a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store. We are members of Sam's Club and you can get a HUGE whole chicken for less than $5.00. It is already cooked and ready to eat.

SarahSuzyQ
by Silver Member on Jun. 1, 2014 at 10:37 AM
Ooh, burritos is a good idea. What do you put in yours?

Quoting othermom:

burrtios and spaghetti are two of our favorites

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)