Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

A Mom's Summer BFF: The Cover-up

Posted by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 70 Replies

Even if I get into a better place in dealing with our swimsuit anxiety, even if I start working out a little to be healthier and feel better about my body, I still am not going to just walk around poolside without at least a towel draped around my waist or under my arms sarong-style.

Thankfully, we've come a long way from the oversized t-shirt we all used to don. Yes, after the invention of the mix-and-match swimsuit, the next best summer wardrobe item I adore: the cover-up. I'll confess that I've even worn some cover-ups non-poolside, as regular tunics over white jeans. When they start popping up in stores, I do get a little giddy. They are my summer go-to and my "poolside security blanket" that helps me enjoy summer that much more. Which ones am I eyeing this season:

I'm digging this one from Tommy Bahama - it's a cardigan-style hoodie. Again, perfect to feel covered up while at the community pool, and I can see myself tossing it on over a tank top and jeans to run to the store. Double-duty! From Nordstrom.

When you want to channel a little celebrity style, snag this one from Ann Taylor...the print is classic, yet not too printy, if you know what I mean. Match it with oversized shades and a large hat, and you can do your best A-Lister impression...or just feel super jazzy. From Ann Taylor.

Another one that can work at the beach or at pick-up...I'm loving the zip action in the front, as well as the pockets -- ohso handy for stashing shades or shells you find on your walkabout. From Kohl's.

Old Navy has this snazzy one in three colors - sleek black and two stripes for a pop of color: blue and pink. Airy and light, yet loads of coverage when walking to and from the car. I'm torn between this chic black and the perfectly nautical blue-stripe (I may get both). From Old Navy.

What caught my eye on this Oneill cover-up? The awesome longer length in the back. As someone with some upper thigh issues, I am digging the cute high-low hemline, which provides ample coverage but doesn't totally have me in a head-to-toe muumuu. Cute prints, lightweight, done and done! From Zappos.

What do you wear as a cover-up? Share your best finds!

©iStockphoto.com/ miflippo 

by on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jellyphish
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:04 AM
I like the tried and true sarongs. So cute and versatile! And I have to wear them at work anyway (boohoo, I know), so I have a few.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LindaClement
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:05 AM

A sarong.

momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 12:06 AM

I have a zip up hoodie coverup, like the teal one above.  I love it.  

cemcnair
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 6:44 AM
I don't. If we are going somewhere after, I'll just take a shirt and shorts to put over the suit.
celestegood
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 7:13 AM
Love the ideas.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
johnny4ever
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 8:40 AM

I need to buy one!

GypsiSky
by Silver Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 8:46 AM

I have a cute coverup from Victoria's Secret 

momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 8:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I need one to cover up.And leave on lol

wandep
Hope everyone has a great week!!! It's almost Christmas time!!!
Yesterday at 9:39 AM
by Gold Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:00 AM
1 mom liked this

Just a sleeveless dress that comes down to my knees.

PennOhioBabe
by Bronze Member on Jun. 6, 2014 at 9:05 AM
I have the cover up from Kohl's. I like it!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN