Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

The noise, the noise!!!!

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 37 Replies

I have four kids, including nearly-5yo twin boys, and there is always a lot of physical playing going on around here.

I don't mind the mess, the laundry, the scraped knees (and every other body part), the cooking, the cleaning messes -- but the NOISE can get to me. Sometimes I would give anything for some QUIET. My kids will follow me into the bathroom while I pee, stand outside the shower door while I shower, basically they are on me like wild on rice all day long. (And even when dh gets home, they're still pretty much on me like glue.) They just chatter and chatter, and often they battle it out for who can be loudest.

Any suggestions? Sometimes I feel really stressed out because of it.

Posted by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2014 at 7:33 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 8:42 AM
Oh I completely know how you feel! If my kids get too noisy I send them to their room to play lol.
la1118
by Laura on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:16 AM
Try some structured quiet time for the kids. Have them read or something and let them know it is quiet time for 30 minutes or so. Separate them if necessary.

Good luck, you may need ear plugs, lol.
Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:29 AM

Mine are the same.  They will sit on top of me while I check my phone for a minute instead of staying outside playing.  

I try to have an hour of quiet time everyday.  DD usually naps and DS is supposed to play quietly in his room.

Saucy1
by Kristina on Jun. 10, 2014 at 9:44 AM

I know how you feel. My kids are exactly the same. My hubby will take them outside after work to give me a break. 

LindaClement
by Gold Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 10:16 AM

Ear defenders are your friend...

sarahjz
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 10:18 AM

Take them to the park and let them run wild to wear them out?

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Jun. 10, 2014 at 10:21 AM

"like wild on rice all day long."

lol.  the phrase is: like WHITE on rice

Hannahsmommy816
by Silver Member on Jun. 10, 2014 at 10:58 AM

sounds like you need some YOU time....can dh watch the kids for an hour or two once a month or something so you can get out?

brittany208
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 9:10 AM

send them outside to play? the noise gets to me too

chattycassie
by Platinum Member on Jun. 11, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Tell them to GO OUTSIDE and play. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)