Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

What are You Doing on Father's Day?

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:00 AM
  • 51 Replies

It's rather appropriate that the photo up there has a yellow background. Lately, the talk in my abode is about a summer project that involves painting one wall of Kiddo's room yellow (yes, the bright color is her fave). I know I'll end up doing 99.3% of the legwork to get this project going: snagging paint chips, hanging them on the wall, eyeing them at different times of the day to see which one we like the best, gathering all of the painting tools...you get the idea.

But, I'm picturing the actual day of painting -- and, after all of my legwork and so on, I have a distinct feeling that fun project will be all Dad and Kid.

You see, my daughter and her dad are in a good groove these days, moreso than she and I are. Not that she and I are fighting or anything (hello, she's only seven), but she's definitely in a mongo "Daddy phase." He's the one who is a little more fun, they have their own adventures they share together. This is all awesome, I think...I'm not jealous (yet).

When I asked Kiddo what we should do for my husband for Father's Day, she thought a bit and then said, "Well, we should let him sleep. He needs his sleep. Then we should go to the park, because one of his favorite things is going to the park with me." And she's right. Giving him a lazy day of hanging out and doing things he loves to do is the perfect gift.

Oh, and she's made him a card-letter kind of thing. It says: "Dear Daddy, I love you. You're the best dad ever. Whenever I'm in trouble, you help me. Whnever Mommy is worried, you help me. I'm so glad that you're my dad. Love, Kiddo" It has a little picture of them together...and a big heart...and yes, it's all in yellow.

What are you planning for Father's Day? Is it a day of big events or just a lazy kind of day?

©iStockphoto.com/ Catherine Lane           

by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
.Angelica.
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 1:15 AM

we don't have anything special planned

wandep
Feeling excited for the New Year! :)
Yesterday at 7:03 PM
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:02 AM

Just cards for daddy....we usually don't go all out.

mrswillie
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:03 AM
Nothing. Just relaxing around the house.
elasmimi
by on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:41 AM

It's a lazy day, because that's the way he likes it. Probably go our to eat after church, and dgd has made him a card.

ablackdolphin
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 8:51 AM
maybe a festival lunch and then a blues show later in the evening
Sisteract
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 9:15 AM

The hubs and I are going to DC...kids are grown and living elsewhere.

goddess99
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 10:51 AM

I am going to my dads for a visit, nothing big planned.

TigerofMu
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:03 AM

That is beautiful :).  We'll have a family day.  My dad will be here too!  I'm excited! :)

RobynS
by Silver Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:28 AM

prob just a lazy day. In fact, the kids and I might be at my dad's, which means we won't see DH until late afternoon/early evening.

Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2014 at 11:30 AM
Hanging out at our summer place.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN