Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

One of those people

Posted by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 6:06 PM
  • 24 Replies
I made a fb post today about getting cable back mind you we haven't had it for a year we thought hey get rid of it if see how we like it and we got netflix and such to i
use instead well we decided to get it back. I get an aunt who goes we don't have cable and we do just fine without it and you have 2 children to save for college for.

um excuse me last time I checked I am financially stable and responsible each child has a savings acct we put money into. We don't ask for money so who are you to tell me what I should do?

Now my thoughts for this college thing is yes I will help with SOME college expenses but I under no circumstances paying for the full college education of my child that is there a responsibility to go and get a job and help pay for their education the same way I had to simple as that. I canonly ssupport so much then it's their turn to help.

do you have one of those people who think they should tell you what to do and when to do it?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 6:06 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ablackdolphin
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 6:08 PM
Not really
Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 6:43 PM
Not really. We just do whatever
paganbaby
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 7:47 PM

First we don't have cable either. I much prefer Netflix and Hulu. And secondly I completely agree with you about college. I'll help as much as I can but it's their responsibility too.

Mom2jngnc
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:37 PM

We do have cable and a big part of me wants to get rid of it. 

As far as college, I too will help where I can, but will NOT pay for it all. My experience has been that the individuals that have to pay/borrow etc for it tend to work harder to earn it. 

HotSouthernMess
by on Jul. 6, 2014 at 8:52 PM
Nope, nobody in my life like that.
momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:02 PM

No

liveforever
by Gold Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:08 PM
Thankfully no.

I agree with you about college. Dh paid for all of his. He said it gave him motivation to do better. He wanted to get his monies worth.

We had several friends who had parents footing the entire bill that partied way too much and didn't ever go to class. Most dropped out or were forced to move back home and go to a nearby community college.
Whereismymind
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 9:23 PM
I do have some people like that in my life
momofnatalie
by Silver Member on Jul. 6, 2014 at 10:04 PM
It drives me batty when people have to chime in with their opinion. I agree that I will help for the first year and they will need to get a job.
la1118
by Laura on Jul. 6, 2014 at 11:17 PM

DH's family gets like that sometimes.  They don't realize that when we go out to nice restaurants we have gift cards, and such. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN