Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Back-to-School Shopping: Can You Save Money?

Posted by   + Show Post

Personal Financial Expert Michelle Singletary is here to discuss ways that families can avoid spending a fortune on their kids' back-to-school needs.

Follow Michelle on Twitter @SingletaryM and learn more about her here: http://www.washingtonpost.com/pb/michelle-singletary"

by on Jul. 30, 2014 at 8:24 AM
Replies (61-65):
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:10 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Aug. 3, 2014 at 12:44 PM

No school shopping here ;)

conweis
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:25 AM
My kids did not go with me when I did the bulk of their back to school shopping. They will come with me to pick out their bookbags, shoes and clothes. Good thing ds2 and ds3 won't need much clothes but ds1 needs a new wardrobe.
conweis
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 11:27 AM
My kids don't have budget for back to school. I buy all that they need. Now I do give them a little extra cash did get a WANT and they do well stretching that money.
LoriAnn87
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 10:59 AM
Got some of my oldest son school supplies from work because I get a good discount and one item he need was on clearance but whatever I couldn't get at my work I got at target. Now we just need sneakers and an outfit for the first day.
cemcnair
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 11:33 AM
My boys are still little. Hopefully I'll remember this when they start school.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)