Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

It was dark and I was bleary eyed with sleepiness as I rocked and nursed my daughter. Her sweet face was illuminated by the soft glow of my phone as I used my 140 characters to send a desperate plea into the universe for more sleep: "Will I ever not be tired?"

I was still nursing when my phone softly pinged a minute later with a notification that someone had responded to my Tweet. It turned out to be another new mother, on the other side of the country, also up nursing, also longing for sleep: "God, I hope so. I'm right there with you, we've been up three times tonight."

Since that night, Twitter has been a place where I regularly connect with other moms, women who I now consider real friends. I go there first when I need mom advice from topics ranging from potty training to nap regressions to getting a picky kid to consume some actual not beige food. I post pictures that show just how totally cute and wonderful I think my kids are but I also post when they are driving me slap out of my mind. In those moments when I see my notification screen fill with other women saying they understand and making jokes about their own kids driving them crazy, I feel like I've found my tribe.

Parenting can be tough and lonely sometimes (it is, of course, wonderful and amazing too) which is why I think the internet has been such a blessing for modern moms. I suspect that is why this website is as popular as it is. We all long to connect, to hear the stories of other women trying to figure out this whole parenting thing, to not be judged when we have a bad day or when we get post happy and share 100 pictures of baby's first steps.

I'm @wendyrmonkey on Twitter and even though I'm not usually up in the middle of the night these days, I'm still grateful for the other members of the Twitter nursing club who kept me sane when I was.

Are you on Twitter? Share your handle if you'd like!

by on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:00 AM
Replies (51-57):
mrswillie
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:03 AM
Which ones are you on?

Quoting Miranda1127:

I'm not. I can only handle so much social media.

mrswillie
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 7:04 AM
Whitacre Twitter parties?

Quoting suziejax:

O I love Twitter it is my fav! Here is my handle. I have even won a lot of prizes in Twitter parties! It is fun to connect in Twitter. 

My handle is https://twitter.com/Homemakermom

suziejax
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 12:43 PM

What mrswille? I am confused at the question help me understand :-)

Quoting mrswillie: Whitacre Twitter parties?
Quoting suziejax:

O I love Twitter it is my fav! Here is my handle. I have even won a lot of prizes in Twitter parties! It is fun to connect in Twitter. 

mrswillie
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 4:40 PM
Lol. Damn auto correct. What are Twitter parties?

Quoting suziejax:

Quoting suziejax:

suziejax
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:11 AM

It is an hour long Q & A session that brands or bloggers or businesses do to bring brand awareness. You have to use that parties hash tag the whole hour to be a part & been seen in the Q & A. They choose at random winners of prizes. I have helped host and got paid before since I am a blogger.( they only hire bloggers & or social media exsperts) I mostly just attend parties. I have won almost $1000 in cash & prize vaule this year. I LOVE twitter parties!!

Twitter Parties was at first confusing but once I got the hang of it I have not looked back... I realize now how simple & easy it is! I have become a pro at it so much at times I has 2-3 parties going at once in my same account! LOL

Quoting mrswillie: Lol. Damn auto correct. What are Twitter parties?
Quoting suziejax:

Quoting suziejax:

PennOhioBabe
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 10:34 AM
I'm not on twitter!
Miranda1127
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2014 at 7:04 PM
Just here and fb mostly dd (12) is into instagram so I'm forced to go on there fairly regularly.

Quoting mrswillie: Which ones are you on?

Quoting Miranda1127:

I'm not. I can only handle so much social media.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN