Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

I let my 7yo dd play in the rain :-) *Pics*

Posted by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:59 PM
  • 199 Replies

Poll

Question: Do you let your kids play in the rain?

Options:

Of course!

No, not at all.

My kids never wanted too.

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 288

View Results

Sorry the pic is sideways. I can't figure out how to flip it :-/

Some of my best childhood memories are of me and my sister playing in the rain. It's nice to see my kids having the joys as me :-)

As soon as I told DD it was raining, she threw on some pants and raced outside. Today's rain was so warm DD didn't even bother with a shirt,lol. But even as I snapped a pic my mind wandered to all the "helpful" neighbors who warned my mom that me and my sister were sure to catch our death out there! My mom would just smile and say sickness is caused by germs, not cold water and we would continue playing. True enough, I have never gotten sick after playing in the rain and neither have any of my kids.

by on Aug. 3, 2014 at 10:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
graycalico
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 12:55 AM
How fun! It rains a lot here, if we didn't go out in it we'd be stuck inside 9 months of the year. Lol
jellyphish
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:05 AM
Cute! I love it!

I absolutely would let them if it'd ever rain! We actually got some rain today but I was working. Bah. Both girls talk about how much they love the rain but we haven't had the chance to really go play in it yet. I'm waiting for that day!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Linds2Horse
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 1:08 AM
I answered "of course" but it hasn't rained here in almost 2 years so I don't remember. Lol.
LindaClement
by Gold Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 2:08 AM
4 moms liked this

I've heard of 'catching your death' but I've never known anyone who managed it...

Mom2jngnc
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Yes, as long as it's still warm, and there is no thunder/lightening they can play. They often take so long putting away their outdoor stuff (bike helmets, baseball equip) that they are out for a few minutes even when they should be in.

mamamedic69
by Deanna on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:53 AM
1 mom liked this
My kids love it!!
Lax5
by Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this
We were out during one time and it started pouring. I pulled into our local park and we went and played on the swings:)
brittany208
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:03 AM

My oldest does. The baby is too little

momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:46 AM

Love playng in the rain. 2 of my girls did yesterday

sarahjz
by Silver Member on Aug. 4, 2014 at 9:49 AM

Good for your mom!

Fun!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)