Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Now I am mad.. school supply related

Posted by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 3:47 PM
  • 43 Replies

So I was keeping the schools supplies in my ex's truck. I went out there today to sharpen some pencils.. I sharpened 36 so far. Anywho... I was organizing the supplies and notice I was missing a package of 24 glue sticks. Yes a complete big ass package of 24 glue sticks were missing. I looked all over that truck for the glue sticks. Not there. Safe to say someone went into the truck and decided I wouldn't miss a big package of glue sticks or  three smaller 4 glue stick packages. I am also missing a package of markers.
Needless to say the supplies are being moved but the idea of buying 36 glue sticks after the big school supply sale is really depressing. 

by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
alexsmomaubrys2
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 3:48 PM

Was the truck unlocked? 

Jukebox_Jenny
by Bronze Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 3:50 PM
How'd they get into the truck and why would they steal glue sticks? Head scratch. You sure someone just didn't move them?
conweis
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 4:10 PM
The truck is unlocked so the mechanic can come check on it. I mean it isn't going anywhere. It had stuff on top of the school supplies including the baby's carseat. But when I went out there the carseat was pushed to the side and the passenger door wasn't closed all the way. I called to see if the mechanic came by but he hasn't.

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

Was the truck unlocked? 

KRISTAL_WILDER
by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 4:15 PM

Why not keep them in the house? I do not understand why you are going back and forth to sharpen penciles rather than bringing everything in. If i let school supplies in our car the crayons would be melted and the glue sticks would just be bad. And why the hell buy 36 glue sticks? My son doesn't go though one whole one a year. That is insane. Just buy a 3 pack.

conweis
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 4:15 PM
The truck is unlock cause the mechanicnis coming by to fix it. The passenger door wasn't closed all the way. The stuff on top of it including a carseat was pushed to the side exposing the entire box of school supplies. I checked under the seats, in the door and all the bags. I checked my receipt to make sure I knew what I bought. If I was just missing a small package of glue sticks I would assume it could have fell out the bag or been misplace but a big package of them plus three smalll packages... um yeah no.

Quoting Jukebox_Jenny: How'd they get into the truck and why would they steal glue sticks? Head scratch. You sure someone just didn't move them?
cemcnair
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 4:20 PM
1 mom liked this
Who would take glue sticks?
conweis
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 4:29 PM
I have said this in other posts... my kids are suppose to have 20 glue sticks each that will need to be replenished. Crazy yes but I don't make the list. I don't have room in my house for all the stuff and be able to keep the baby out of it. I live in constant shade. The truck doesn't get ridiculously hot and the back window is open (too small for a person to get through) with a screen on it. I was going to sharpen all the pencils but the motor in my brand new sharpener died and the ideal of sharpening the rest by hand is not appealing.

Quoting KRISTAL_WILDER:

Why not keep them in the house? I do not understand why you are going back and forth to sharpen penciles rather than bringing everything in. If i let school supplies in our car the crayons would be melted and the glue sticks would just be bad. And why the hell buy 36 glue sticks? My son doesn't go though one whole one a year. That is insane. Just buy a 3 pack.

conweis
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 4:32 PM
I have no clue. If I didn't go out there today to sharpen pencils they might have taken more stuff. The reason I left the stuff out there was to keep the kids out of it and did not think someone would take school supplies.

Quoting cemcnair: Who would take glue sticks?
sarahjz
by Gold Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 4:33 PM

Bummer.

The dollar store has a package of 8 glue sticks for a dollar, if you need to replace all of those.

conweis
by Platinum Member on Aug. 5, 2014 at 4:34 PM
Really? Dollar General, family dollar or dollar tree?

Quoting sarahjz:

Bummer.

The dollar store has a package of 8 glue sticks for a dollar, if you need to replace all of those.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN