Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Now I am mad.. school supply related

Posted by   + Show Post

So I was keeping the schools supplies in my ex's truck. I went out there today to sharpen some pencils.. I sharpened 36 so far. Anywho... I was organizing the supplies and notice I was missing a package of 24 glue sticks. Yes a complete big ass package of 24 glue sticks were missing. I looked all over that truck for the glue sticks. Not there. Safe to say someone went into the truck and decided I wouldn't miss a big package of glue sticks or  three smaller 4 glue stick packages. I am also missing a package of markers.
Needless to say the supplies are being moved but the idea of buying 36 glue sticks after the big school supply sale is really depressing. 

by on Aug. 5, 2014 at 3:47 PM
Replies (41-43):
brittany208
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:08 PM
Who would steal glue sticks???
graycalico
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 5:54 PM
Interesting! My dd needed one through middle school. We'll see if it's on the high school supply list. Lol

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

lol, they ask for small covered ones at elementary but not at the upper

Quoting graycalico: Pencil sharpeners are usually on our supply list also. Problem solved. Lol

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

It is a toss up.... I swear pencil shapeners in schools need to be replaced every couple of months. I also know that the plastic coatings on the "cute" pencils mess up the sharpeners. 

In some cases, yup the kids can't handle it... some have to have a perfectly sharpened pencil. 

Overall I blame the sharpeners.

Quoting graycalico: It's a sad day when our kids can't even handle pencil sharpening.

Quoting Mom2jngnc:

I know here they ask for 24 pencils to be replaced throughout the year as needed, presharpened. 

I have been in our middle school often as a Substitute, and I have seen that for some kids, it seems they spend half a class period sharpening pencils..... So teachers think it is a time saver if kids can pull out one that is ready to go.

Quoting graycalico: I agree. Seems weird to pre sharpen all those pencils also.

Quoting cemcnair: Who would take glue sticks?

sunshinepraying
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 6:40 PM

I'm sorry someone took them

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)