Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Olivia Wilde's Breastfeeding Photo Causes a Stir

Posted by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:11 AM
  • 29 Replies

Olivia Wilde's Breastfeeding Photo Causes a Stir

Photo courtesy of Glamour

Gisele BundchenJaime KingGwen Stefani, and Miranda Kerr are among the celebrity moms who have helped glamorize breastfeeding recently — and now, with her buzz-inducing mom-and-baby photo image included in a spread for Glamour, cover girl Olivia Wilde has joined their proudly lactating ranks. “Breastfeeding is the most natural thing,” she told the magazine, regarding the pose in which she’s wearing a Roberto Cavalli dress and Prada shoes while nursing her naked infant son. “I don’t know, now it feels like Otis should always be on my breast.” Wilde added, ”Being shot with Otis is so perfect because any portrait of me right now isn’t complete without my identity as a mother being a part of that.”

by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
micheledo
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 9:16 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't care if you are a model or it's for a magazine. That was stupid!

My infants always pooped while nursing. :D
kerryket
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:05 AM

Yeah, my natural child would have shat on my fancy dress and shoes.

Quoting micheledo: I don't care if you are a model or it's for a magazine. That was stupid! My infants always pooped while nursing. :D

jean_marie1987
by Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:07 AM
If you read the rest of the article she says he's only natural for the magazine pose. She said he is usually in at least a diaper while nursing otherwise.
micheledo
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:17 AM
;) I figured. I just wrote my first thought. My luck, it wouldn't have mattered how brief the time was to take the picture, I would have been pooped on. Ha ha.

Quoting jean_marie1987: If you read the rest of the article she says he's only natural for the magazine pose. She said he is usually in at least a diaper while nursing otherwise.
micheledo
by on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:19 AM
It really is an adorable picture.

I always wonder about the naked baby pictures. They are so cute, but inquiring minds want to know how much poop and pee was NOT shown in the pictures.
momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:21 AM

Quoting micheledo: It really is an adorable picture. I always wonder about the naked baby pictures. They are so cute, but inquiring minds want to know how much poop and pee was NOT shown in the pictures.

Lol right!

jellyphish
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:23 AM
2 moms liked this
I'm glad that the concern about poop and her clothes are the issue and not the fact that she's nursing uncovered. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 10:40 AM

I couldn't imagine nursing a naked baby, that is just asking for a mess, lol

Stevensmomma
by Silver Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:47 AM

I nursed my kids and never nursed them without a diaper on be I would be changing my clothes those little boys loved to pee and poop while nursing 

sarahjz
by Gold Member on Aug. 6, 2014 at 11:48 AM

I'm glad it's causing a stir.  Maybe more young mothers will see it and decide to breastfeed their own infants.   

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN