Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Update! Is this request that unreasonable?

Posted by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:07 AM
  • 35 Replies

My niece has been living with my DH and I for almost 5 years. My brother STINKS at passing on messages or information. 

I have kindly asked in writing many times that BM communicate with me. I am DN's primary care giver and I am tired of:

"Well, I told your brother Thursday." 

"I texted him." 

Yes, my brother needs to communicate better with me. However, if the overall well being of a child was that MUCH of a concern for you, wouldn't you communicate with the primary care giver? Or am I being unreasonable?

I would be better off speaking to a brick wall. 
My brother came over early this morning, to work on the boys bedroom (fire stop and start the sheetrock). BM texted him this morning, going to take the girls school shopping, she'll be home later. 

by on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:07 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
brittany208
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 9:48 AM

I don't think its unreasonable at all. I would talk straight to you too. Unless she isn't comfortable with you for some reason

suziejax
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:20 AM

So sorry :(

falloutboy
by New Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:21 AM
Not at all.
jellyphish
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:23 AM
1 mom liked this
Well, if you're PC then it's her (BM) that's missing out, really. That all sucks, I'm sorry.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Quoting brittany208:

I don't think its unreasonable at all. I would talk straight to you too. Unless she isn't comfortable with you for some reason

I know she has an issue with me. She always has, even when she was dating my brother. 
Don't know what it is. 
Don't know exactly what I did wrong....

Mom2jngnc
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:30 AM

Quoting jellyphish: Well, if you're PC then it's her (BM) that's missing out, really. That all sucks, I'm sorry.

It does. 

jellyphish
by Silver Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:41 AM
What happens when you initiate direct contact with her?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mom2jngnc
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 10:56 AM

Quoting jellyphish: What happens when you initiate direct contact with her?

Depends. Sometimes she will chat like we are best friends. 
Days like yesterday when my brother apparently didn't tell me that she had texted him about car problems over the weekend... I am every name in book.

I will verbally tell her things, but then we have a book that goes back and forth, that I will write in.... so that we have things in writing.

Like when we take our annual 2 week trip to Flordia, or when she was going to be home Friday morning (rather than Thursday night) for 2 weeks for her swim lesson. This way she can't pull any stunts. As she always agrees to the dates in the books. Then as they get close to filled, I put them in my file cabinet. 

cabrandy03
by Brandy on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Not unreasonable at all.
.Angelica.
by Gold Member on Aug. 8, 2014 at 11:06 AM
Nope. Why tell your brother if he does not even have his child?
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN