Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

How Do You Help Your Kids Cope With Back To School Anxiety?

Posted by   + Show Post

From boarding the bus to bullying, doctors and moms Logan Levkoff, PhD. and Jennifer Wider, MD are here to discuss the different kinds of anxieties facing kids of all ages as they prepare to go back to school.

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Replies (51-53):
egyptian_mommy
by Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:03 PM
My oldest had a horrible experience with bullying last year so he's apprehensive about this year because he's afraid it'll happen again. I've talked to him about it and reassured him that it won't be happening again. My other school aged kid is different. He doesn't handle changes and new social situations well. He's nervous about a new teacher, new kids etc. I've reassured him that it'll be ok and he has his IEP in place so his Special Ed teacher can step in if he needs.
NicLof2
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:00 PM
My oldest loves school and never had anxiety. My other two are too young still.
Mom2jngnc
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:54 AM
Thankfully it takes an act of congress to change elementary schools where I live. Well moving out of the zone you are assigned to. We go from elementary to middle.... and because everyone is going at once..... the kids aren't phased.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)