Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Youre asking for your stuff to be stolen

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:09 AM
  • 157 Replies
1 mom liked this

We get our local paper free once a week. The have the police blotter section and it always the same stuff..things reported stolen out of unlocked cars. There are a lot of 2 family homes in the area, so there are a lot of cars left parked on the streets. These are the ones that are usually targeted. Its usually the same things too,  multiple wallets stolen, mp3 players, cell phones, gps, even the change in the cup holder. I dont get why people leave things like that in their car, let alone one they dont lock.

I get you shouldnt have to worry about people going into your car, but when its a known issue...at least lock your doors.

by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
proudmommy690
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:11 AM
2 moms liked this
No kidding. I'm always keeping my doors locked. But SO says "if they want it bad enough a locked door won't stop them"
liveforever
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:22 AM
1 mom liked this

Quoting proudmommy690: No kidding. I'm always keeping my doors locked. But SO says "if they want it bad enough a locked door won't stop them"

Thats true, but around here nothing has ever been broken into (like windows smashed). Its people walking up and down the streets checking handles.

Im sure a lot of these things were in the glove box out of sight, but if its unlocked theyll rummage through your car.

proudmommy690
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:26 AM
It's crazy. I don't leave stuff like that in my car any more. It always comes in. I just can't take that chance.

Quoting liveforever:

Quoting proudmommy690: No kidding. I'm always keeping my doors locked. But SO says "if they want it bad enough a locked door won't stop them"

Thats true, but around here nothing has ever been broken into (like windows smashed). Its people walking up and down the streets checking handles.

Im sure a lot of these things were in the glove box out of sight, but if its unlocked theyll rummage through your car.

mom2jessnky
by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:43 AM
4 moms liked this

I'm totally neurotic about doors being locked. And I don't leave crap in my car that's valuable. Who leaves their wallet and cell phone in the car? What planet are these people from?

larissalarie
by Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:43 AM
1 mom liked this
The only thing in my vehicle to steal would be car seats.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
suziejax
by Bronze Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:19 AM
1 mom liked this

This  past week my husbands car got borken into in our apartment complex. He always would leave his car unlocked and I warned him... lesson learned I hope.

sarahjz
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 11:34 AM

I'm paranoid about checking and double checking the locks.

Firenygirl180
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
I lock my doors so the kids can't get in without my knowing. We live in the middle of nowhere so someone would have to really want to rob us.

In town i lock the car as well. My buttons don't work and it's a huge pain to get in and out with two kids, but i still lock the car.
We also have a pick up and we put groceries and all sorts of stuff in the back and rarely luck the gate...I'm just waiting for someone to break into that
la1118
by Laura on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:07 PM
We sometimes have trouble like that in our neighborhood. I don't leave anything valuable in my car. DH forgot and left his GPS on the dashboard one time and somebody smashed his window and stole it. Grr.
liveforever
by Gold Member on Aug. 14, 2014 at 12:12 PM
That was my first thought. Who are all these people leaving wallets in their cars overnight?

There was even one for the actual car being stolen...car was unlocked and keys were in the trunk. That's either the height of stupidity or someone trying to scam the insurance company.

Quoting mom2jessnky:

I'm totally neurotic about doors being locked. And I don't leave crap in my car that's valuable. Who leaves their wallet and cell phone in the car? What planet are these people from?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)