Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Youre asking for your stuff to be stolen

Posted by   + Show Post

We get our local paper free once a week. The have the police blotter section and it always the same stuff..things reported stolen out of unlocked cars. There are a lot of 2 family homes in the area, so there are a lot of cars left parked on the streets. These are the ones that are usually targeted. Its usually the same things too,  multiple wallets stolen, mp3 players, cell phones, gps, even the change in the cup holder. I dont get why people leave things like that in their car, let alone one they dont lock.

I get you shouldnt have to worry about people going into your car, but when its a known issue...at least lock your doors.

by on Aug. 14, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Replies (151-157):
Mom2jngnc
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 8:35 PM

We lock our cars, but when I am in a hurry non essential items get left in the car... my tote bag/purse are often left..... 
We had an issue on my side town a few weeks ago. 

sunflower1968
by on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:25 PM
I don't understand it either. You should be able to leave stuff on top of your car. But I this world nothing is safe you have other that wants what isn't theirs.
Yes, its asking people to break in you car n home when they can see stuff.
I don't even keep the face of my radio in my car.

Quoting liveforever:

We get our local paper free once a week. The have the police blotter section and it always the same stuff..things reported stolen out of unlocked cars. There are a lot of 2 family homes in the area, so there are a lot of cars left parked on the streets. These are the ones that are usually targeted. Its usually the same things too,  multiple wallets stolen, mp3 players, cell phones, gps, even the change in the cup holder. I dont get why people leave things like that in their car, let alone one they dont lock.

I get you shouldnt have to worry about people going into your car, but when its a known issue...at least lock your doors.

Sisteract
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:31 PM

I park in the garage.

Diane1223
by on Aug. 31, 2014 at 6:14 PM
I agree...lock your car doors!!!
mem82
by Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:38 PM
I try not to leave anything valuable in my car.
PennOhioBabe
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2014 at 11:55 PM
I agree! Always lock your doors :)
sunshinepraying
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2014 at 1:45 PM
Yeah they should at least lock their cars. We keep our cars locked and try to make sure nothing is noticeable inside
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)