Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Play room

Posted by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:53 PM
  • 36 Replies
Do your children have a play room or are their toys in their rooms?

How old were your kids when they started playing more unsupervised?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 17, 2014 at 10:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:21 PM
My son has toys in his bedroom... And the living room...and the kitchen.
He can totally play independently, he for NOT NOT NOT do well in a room alone. We don 'to have to entertain him moment to moment , someone one must be in the room with him.
timon95
by Silver Member on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:41 PM

both, we need to finish moving their toys down to the basement. the basement is finished off and part of it it their playroom. I don't remember how old they were when they started to play unsupervised. 5 or 6?

Saucy1
by Kristina on Aug. 17, 2014 at 11:41 PM
The boys have their toys in our playroom. My daughter has has hers in her room. My older kids play unsupervised. I still keep an eye on my two year old.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
hugss
Take some *Time Out* for You, Join our Friendly/Supportive group :)
Yesterday at 11:20 PM
Time Out For You Group - CafeMom

Need some Time for You? Feeling stressed? Kick back, relax & take a break. If you're a woman who just wants to have fun, here's the place :)

by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 12:02 AM

We did have a playroom when they were younger,
Probably around ages 3 ish but checking on them often :)

jellyphish
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 1:06 AM
Toys in their room and I'm the living room. I don't remember when Biggie started playing unsupervised. She's very responsible and protective, so I've always trusted her to play with her little sister unsupervised.
I'm just now starting to let her play outside with other kids unsupervised though. She's seven, and I'm still not entirely comfortable with that. I just don't trust other people.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunshinepraying
by Bronze Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 6:29 AM
I wish they had one. Most of their toys are in the livingroom. We have DS's trains in their bedroom, and their play kitchen stuff and a few boardgames in the dining room. They play unsupervised starting at like 3, although it's a small home, so we can hear them no matter where we are ;)
momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 7:12 AM

No.When they were little their toys were kept in their rooms

graycalico
by Gold Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 8:41 AM
They just have toys in the living room right now. They play pretty independently for small amounts of time. I've joked about getting one of those tiny houses though. We all always hang out in the same room, even my teenager. I have to remind her that it's ok to go read or do something in her room if the littles are driving her nuts. Lol.
Mom2jngnc
by Silver Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:06 AM

in our apartment we had a playroom. It was off our livingroom..... with the layout we had, they played in it independently from the start. 

in our house, toys are in their rooms. when they were little (under 3) we had plenty in our living room. 

brittany208
by Platinum Member on Aug. 18, 2014 at 9:38 AM

we don't have one. they can play unsupervised as soon as I can convince them to do so!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)