Advertisement
Cafemom and Target Present: Mad Life
Helping today’s parents improve their relationships, feel better about themselves and raise happy, health kids.

Bragging by having your college degree on the wall in your home?

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 7:43 AM
  • 89 Replies

DS met a boy at school this year and the mom asked if we could come over yesterday after school for a little play date. Had never been in their home before.  Walking  in you step into a foyer and on the wall was her college diploma, framed for everyone to see.  A bit braggish?  Or is this common to frame your degree and hang in your home?

by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 7:43 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
momofsixangels
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 8:58 AM
2 moms liked this

If I had a college degree I would be proud and hang it up. Thats a great accomplishment

bornstar
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:01 AM
4 moms liked this
Adorable lol. I feel inspired to wear my cap and gown on my next grocery trip.
Momofmenagerie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:18 AM
1 mom liked this
Not " bragging ", you don't say she pointed it out.
As long as her children 'a pics are displayed somewhere and /or their certificates as well, I don 't see a problem with displaying my own accomplishments.
liveforever
by Platinum Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:19 AM
2 moms liked this
I don't think its odd to have it hanging in your home, but the foyer does seem like and odd spot. Dh and most everyone else I know have it in the office or above their desk space.
paknari
by on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:21 AM
1 mom liked this

It's her house. She is proud of herself.it would be bragging if she talked about it all the time.

jellyphish
by Silver Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:24 AM
That seems a bit nit picky to me. There's nothing wrong with being proud of your accomplishments and displaying them. If that's your biggest complaint about her, I'd continue with the play dates.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Saucy1
by Kristina on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:37 AM

I don't think it's bragging, unless she pointed it out. If I had one I'd display it in my home. 

cemcnair
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 9:40 AM
3 moms liked this
I have mine in a frame, on the wall, at work. If I wasn't currently working, I'd have mine, in a frame, on the wall, at home.
I worked hard for it, proud of it, and will display it.
sarahjz
by Gold Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:04 AM
2 moms liked this

I think it's a stretch to consider it bragging.  Mine are framed and hanging on the wall, and so is my husband's.  

It's not as if she invited your child over, hoping that you would also come over, so that she could point out her degree and rub your face in it.  Don't take something personally, that isn't personal.  

EvilQueenMommy
by Member on Aug. 28, 2014 at 10:10 AM
1 mom liked this

I have thought about doing that since I run a daycare in my home. I don't see it as something wrong, more to just show her credentials. Maybe she works from home.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN