Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Lets learn about each others children/family-

Posted by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:01 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 124 Total Views

Some new members here-

let us learn about each other family/children

My son is 20 years old and we have a host son (foreign exchange student) from Thailand that is 17 years old. My husband and I-we have 2 dogs and 2 cats.  My son is a joy, has a huge smile on his face, he is a sweetheart.  He loves loves loves to play ball. He is very patriotic and he loves singing videos.  He loves to go out and about and especially go out to eat.  My son has cerebral palsy, in a wheelchair (uses a walker with full assistance), on a toddler/pre-school level.  My son is technically non-verbal but he uses a Dynavox V and adaptive sign and pecs to talk (oh believe me he talks) My son needs full care at all times in all areas of life. My son is not able to be unsupervised. He has numerous equipment and numerous services and doctors involved.  He lives with us and that is what we plan on-him living with us with the services in place.  My son loves our host son and vice versa-I really feel for our family the foreign exchange students have learned so much from my son and we all have learned so much from them.  Our current student from Thailand-he is an absolute sweetheart-he is very polite, very hardworker, and helps all the time with chores and with our son.  

by on Jan. 8, 2014 at 5:01 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
darbyakeep45
by Co-owner on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:23 AM
1 mom liked this

Glad to hear your host student is so great!  That's wonderful!

darbyakeep45
by Co-owner on Jan. 12, 2014 at 7:25 AM
1 mom liked this

Brady is our only son.  He's 5 years old with Cystic Fibrosis, Asthma, Sinus Disease, Gastroparesis, Gelastric Epilepsy, Anaphylactic allergies to dogs, cats, and peanuts, Autism, Aarskog Syndrome, 16p Chromosome Duplication, Brain Damage/Abnormalities, Strabismus, G-tube.  He functions at the level of a 12-18 month old and is completely nonverbal.  He loves music and books!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)