Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Sick Children

Posted by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:29 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 258 Total Views

When your kids are sick (like cold/sneezing sick) do you have to be right there with them at all times?  I do or my son will fall and he needs full assistance cleaning up the sneezes -so even though we had 1.5 hours of aide help and 2 hours of life skills help and about 1 hour of husband help (he had surgery today-did not make him do much) I still had 9.5 hours of being with my son at all times and not leaving him-I am exhausted!

by on Jan. 16, 2014 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
darbyakeep45
by Co-owner on Jan. 18, 2014 at 5:41 AM

Hugs Tab!  I hope he feels better soon!  Brady is definitely more clingy when he's sick but he's usually just his normal self and wants to be left alone.  Hugs!

lifeisajoy
by Group Owner on Jan. 18, 2014 at 6:00 AM

Thanks Darby! Yeah I can't leave John alone because he will fall everywhere-he does not like to stay in his bed much -besides nap and bedtime-lol- he is feeling better (thank goodness-lol)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

Hugs Tab!  I hope he feels better soon!  Brady is definitely more clingy when he's sick but he's usually just his normal self and wants to be left alone.  Hugs!

beyondtheclouds
by Group Admin on Jan. 18, 2014 at 11:51 AM
1 mom liked this

As I write this, it is almost 11:00 a.m. on the 18th of January. I'm hoping your son is much better by now and that you are able to get some rest. Taking care of a child with special needs is never easy and when it is compounded with him being ill, it is even more difficult. Praying for healing for him and for strength for you.

darbyakeep45
by Co-owner on Jan. 19, 2014 at 4:35 AM

Poor guy!!!

Quoting lifeisajoy:

Thanks Darby! Yeah I can't leave John alone because he will fall everywhere-he does not like to stay in his bed much -besides nap and bedtime-lol- he is feeling better (thank goodness-lol)

Quoting darbyakeep45:

lifeisajoy
by Group Owner on Jan. 20, 2014 at 5:37 AM

Thank you but he passed on to his mom-Family Sharing-lol

Quoting beyondtheclouds:

As I write this, it is almost 11:00 a.m. on the 18th of January. I'm hoping your son is much better by now and that you are able to get some rest. Taking care of a child with special needs is never easy and when it is compounded with him being ill, it is even more difficult. Praying for healing for him and for strength for you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)