Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I need prayers and good thoughts!

Posted by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:29 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 177 Total Views
This is off topic but I really need prayers. I raised my great niece and nephew for almost two and a half years. The kids are 9 and almost 6. They are 3/16 Native American and are under the jurisdiction of their mother's tribe. Several months ago the tribal CPS took the kids away from me. I fought that decision and hired a lawyer. Yesterday we got the news that the children had been returned to the tribal group home. This was the third failed placement in less than 8 months. We need prayers and good thoughts! I am so worried about my kids. They have a history of being abused in the group home because they don't "look Indian" with their blue eyes and very fair skin and hair. Please pray for my kids. They need to come home!
by on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
beyondtheclouds
by Group Admin on Jan. 6, 2015 at 7:44 PM
1 mom liked this

This is so sad! I just prayed for them and for you and put them on my prayer list so that I can keep praying. Keep us posted about how things go.

Bunnyclover
by Member on Jan. 7, 2015 at 1:05 PM
1 mom liked this

I will pray too!

Hoping they are safe! Do you get to see them at all?

The people I have known who have been in foster care as children say it was awful.

kinshipcaremama
by on Jan. 7, 2015 at 2:57 PM

The tribal CPS system is terrible and the group home is even worse! My two have had 18 placements for the five year old and 16 for the nine year old!  That includes the long term placement with me and another home for both of them (separately).  The group home is an old building with sewer problems and asbestos.  My little girl said bedtime at the group home is putting the children in their rooms and shutting the doors.  Kids scream in terror until they fall asleep.  I had a friend who worked there for a short time and hated it because the kids were treated so badly.  My two get it even worse because the don't "look" Native and there is a lot of prejudice against white people on this reservation. 

lifeisajoy
by Group Owner on Jan. 8, 2015 at 10:04 AM
2 moms liked this

Prayers and lots of them!!!  Hugs and so sorry. This  puts pain in my heart. No child should be abused!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)