Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Please say a prayer for my son **UPDATE**

Posted by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 2:54 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 106 Total Views

My younger son was just diagnosed with "exploding capillaries disease".  The doctor says it appears to be a mild case....but he need to rest and drink A LOT for at least the rest of this week.  This disease (which I never heard of before this morning) can affect (and potentially damage) the kidneys and liver.  There is nothing they can do right now except tell him to rest and drink.  Since it appears to be a mild case, it is likely that he will be ok and get better on his own over the next few weeks.  They did blood tests to check for kidney and liver involvement but he doesn't appear to have any secondary issues at this time.

Please daven for Binyamin ben Chana.

thank you

**UPDATE**

I finally got home a bit ago and have gotten more into from DH.  Saw DS and got his view on things from today.  Done some research on the Internet and nearly crapped my pants.  And am now updating here....

DS was diagnosed with Henoch-Schonlein Purpura.  He has a very mild case (thank G-d)...at least that is what it appears to be at this time.  After looking at the pictures on the Internet, and then looking at my DS - I can see a huge difference (his spots are pink to slightly red....not nearly as dark, etc as many on-line).

We aren't sure when we will get results from the blood work, etc the doc ordered today.  They took 4 viles out of my little Dude (apparently he held it together really well for the blood test....but got upset afterward -- and he got to experience peeing into a cup for the first time as well (lol)).  

He says he feels perfectly fine.  He has a mild headache - but that could be just from the stress of the day - or it could be a symptom (even the doc said a headache can't be used as a diagnostic tool for this illness).  He has had a normal appetite and is following doctors orders and drinking A LOT.  He does not have any secondary symptoms (the list of which I found online scared me half to death).

So - a HUGE thank you to everyone who has been praying for my Little Dude.  And, a request...PLEASE CONTINUE to send prayers, good vibes, happy thoughts....anything and everything.  :-)

by on Apr. 28, 2014 at 2:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
momof3inTN
by Member on Apr. 28, 2014 at 5:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Praying for you all. (((HUGS))) for your son.

collectivecow
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 4:11 AM
1 mom liked this

Refuah Sheleima to your son. I hope everything goes ok.

hippiemom45
by Member on Apr. 29, 2014 at 1:39 PM
1 mom liked this

praying for your son!!!

ThreeMommy
by on Apr. 30, 2014 at 8:36 AM
1 mom liked this
Prayers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)