Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Here we go again!

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:49 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 234 Total Views

10 months after Liam's bar mitzvah and I am in the last weeks of prep before Ascher's bar mitzvah! I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone. I can't believe their bar mitzvahs are so close together... just 11 months apart (Liam's was 9 months after his 13th birthday, being converts he needed more time to prep because he had to learn more Hebrew than our old synagogue had taught him).

So Ascher is done with the first part of his mitzvah project... he is an avid birdwatcher so his mitzvah project relates to birds. He went on a bird count (went out and counted the different kinds of birds he saw and heard to be put in a database which is used in various capacities, mostly as it relates to environmental issues). The second part of his project is making the decorations for the kiddush luncheon, more birds. We are making birds out of plastic canvas and yarn which will hang from branches on the tables. After Shabbat the bird decorations are going to be put up for sale and the proceeds of the sale will be donated to the Audobon Society.

Still so much to do! Sisterhood is helping with the meal prep the Thursday before the bar mitzvah (YAY!!!). Thankfully, Ascher has chosen a very easy and managable lunch menu.

Next on my list is to get all the table settings and centerpiece supplies... time to hunt for Party City sales and coupons. LOL

Oh! Ken and Liam are both doing Torah readings for the bar mitzvah too! I am so excited. And Liam is doing a Torah reading for Yom Kippur!

So that's what's been going on around here.

How is everyone else doing?

by on Aug. 13, 2014 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
TableforSeven
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 12:53 AM
1 mom liked this

The good news is....all the insanity will be over soon for you.  :-)

And I LOVE the birds you are making...they are beautiful. 

We are preparing to enter the Bar Mitzvah insanity ourselves.  Our sons' Hebrew birthdays are less than a year apart...so we have Bar Mitzvahs coming up in late Aug 2015 and early Aug 2016.  Our older son will start learning with a teacher in a few months.

momof3inTN
by Member on Aug. 15, 2014 at 2:35 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting TableforSeven:

The good news is....all the insanity will be over soon for you.  :-)

And I LOVE the birds you are making...they are beautiful. 

We are preparing to enter the Bar Mitzvah insanity ourselves.  Our sons' Hebrew birthdays are less than a year apart...so we have Bar Mitzvahs coming up in late Aug 2015 and early Aug 2016.  Our older son will start learning with a teacher in a few months.

Thank you! We're enjoying making them.

Even better news, I wont have to do this again for a couple of years. Nafeeza's only 7 (8 next month! Yikes!) so we have a break before her bat mitzvah.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)