Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Carryover from the summer

Posted by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 10:09 AM
  • 8 Replies
  • 286 Total Views
I really hate when people make comments, not based on fact but rather based on the anti Israel bias that was stoked this past summer. Rather than educate themselves on the realities of Israel they instead repeat media talking points and Pallywood lies. Made all the worse when it's not an adult who would suffer in end but a child, an innocent, who is only trying to make a better life for himself.
by on Dec. 5, 2014 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TableforSeven
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2014 at 1:16 PM

((Hugs))

i don't know what happened....but I hope all is well in the end. :-(

momof3inTN
by Member on Dec. 6, 2014 at 7:25 PM
Thanks. Liam is trying to raise money for registration in the Naale Elite Academy in Israel. He'd do his last 3 years of high school at the Technion. One of my friends shared it on Facebook. Another of her friends made the comment that until Israel recognises the Palestinian state, he wouldn't trust them to educate anyone. It made me mad that so many demand recognition of a Palestinian state yet they won't do the same for Israel.

Quoting TableforSeven:

((Hugs))

TableforSeven
by Bronze Member on Dec. 6, 2014 at 10:28 PM

I'm sorry you all have to deal with such ignorance.

My husband had a similar experience recently.....while visiting our old Shul in the states.  It was members there - who we once considered friends - who were spouting such ignorance.  Extremely shocking.  

Quoting momof3inTN: Thanks. Liam is trying to raise money for registration in the Naale Elite Academy in Israel. He'd do his last 3 years of high school at the Technion. One of my friends shared it on Facebook. Another of her friends made the comment that until Israel recognises the Palestinian state, he wouldn't trust them to educate anyone. It made me mad that so many demand recognition of a Palestinian state yet they won't do the same for Israel.
Quoting TableforSeven:

((Hugs))

momof3inTN
by Member on Dec. 7, 2014 at 2:34 PM
The rabbi from the Vanderbilt Hillel gave the d'var Torah yesterday. His interpretation of the parsha was very anti-Israel. It was extremely upsetting. The premise of his talk was that Israel should recognize Palestine and then there would be peace (ignoring that many Arabs in the region are taught that Jews are bad and need to die). I was disturbed by his interpretation and reasoning. There are a few in our shul like that. Usually our rabbi keeps that down but he's out of town. Our last rabbi left because he was advocating for Palestinians... it was a big deal. That doesn't go over well in our shul usually...

Quoting TableforSeven:

My husband had a similar experience recently.....while visiting our old Shul in the states.  It was members there - who we once considered friends - who were spouting such ignorance.  Extremely shocking.  

Quoting momof3inTN: Thanks. Liam is trying to raise money for registration in the Naale Elite Academy in Israel. He'd do his last 3 years of high school at the Technion. One of my friends shared it on Facebook. Another of her friends made the comment that until Israel recognises the Palestinian state, he wouldn't trust them to educate anyone. It made me mad that so many demand recognition of a Palestinian state yet they won't do the same for Israel.

Quoting TableforSeven:

((Hugs))

TableforSeven
by Bronze Member on Dec. 7, 2014 at 10:35 PM

The Rabbi at our old shul is (was?) very pro-Israel....he has talked to us before about how he wants to make Aliyah, but the need for Rabbis isn't very big here.  He was there while this was happening and said nothing - just let it happen around him.  It was started by a Scholar in Residence they had visiting the weekend DH was there.  DH was silent through much of what this man was saying.....when he finally spoke up MANY of our old friends 'piled on' and sided with the Scholar-guy -- a few personally attached my DH saying he just doesn't understand since we live in Israel (ummmmm....I think we understand a heck of a lot more than THEY do what is REALLY happening here).  And, no, the Scholar-guy isn't from israel either.  

Anyway...I'm just babbling and giving the fringes of what happened.  Our shul was our 'home' in the states - but even when we go back to that town in the future to visit our daughter and other family, I don't see how I culd ever step foot there again after what has been said.  :-(

Quoting momof3inTN: The rabbi from the Vanderbilt Hillel gave the d'var Torah yesterday. His interpretation of the parsha was very anti-Israel. It was extremely upsetting. The premise of his talk was that Israel should recognize Palestine and then there would be peace (ignoring that many Arabs in the region are taught that Jews are bad and need to die). I was disturbed by his interpretation and reasoning. There are a few in our shul like that. Usually our rabbi keeps that down but he's out of town. Our last rabbi left because he was advocating for Palestinians... it was a big deal. That doesn't go over well in our shul usually...
Quoting TableforSeven:

Quoting TableforSeven:

((Hugs))

momof3inTN
by Member on Dec. 8, 2014 at 8:41 AM
Wow. That's so sad. I'm really surprised at the number of Jews that are (becoming?) anti-Israel.

Quoting TableforSeven:

The Rabbi at our old shul is (was?) very pro-Israel....he has talked to us before about how he wants to make Aliyah, but the need for Rabbis isn't very big here.  He was there while this was happening and said nothing - just let it happen around him.  It was started by a Scholar in Residence they had visiting the weekend DH was there.  DH was silent through much of what this man was saying.....when he finally spoke up MANY of our old friends 'piled on' and sided with the Scholar-guy -- a few personally attached my DH saying he just doesn't understand since we live in Israel (ummmmm....I think we understand a heck of a lot more than THEY do what is REALLY happening here).  And, no, the Scholar-guy isn't from israel either.  

Anyway...I'm just babbling and giving the fringes of what happened.  Our shul was our 'home' in the states - but even when we go back to that town in the future to visit our daughter and other family, I don't see how I culd ever step foot there again after what has been said.  :-(

Quoting momof3inTN: The rabbi from the Vanderbilt Hillel gave the d'var Torah yesterday. His interpretation of the parsha was very anti-Israel. It was extremely upsetting. The premise of his talk was that Israel should recognize Palestine and then there would be peace (ignoring that many Arabs in the region are taught that Jews are bad and need to die). I was disturbed by his interpretation and reasoning. There are a few in our shul like that. Usually our rabbi keeps that down but he's out of town. Our last rabbi left because he was advocating for Palestinians... it was a big deal. That doesn't go over well in our shul usually...

Quoting TableforSeven:

Quoting TableforSeven:

((Hugs))

LoveMyBug2013
by New Member on Dec. 10, 2014 at 9:13 AM
2 moms liked this

Re Israel being unable to educate:  please return all of your cell phones, Internet technology (e-mail, instant messaging), and medical technology.  They all come from Israeli scientists. 

momof3inTN
by Member on Dec. 10, 2014 at 11:05 AM
I know, right?

I did get him though... I replied on the comments thanking my friend for sharing. Then I posted a little about the program, which is at the Technion, and told her that the Technion is where so much of today's technology was developed that most people take for granted. Hehehe. I didn't want to start a war on her share but I did get my dig in on the person who commented. LOL

Quoting LoveMyBug2013:

Re Israel being unable to educate:  please return all of your cell phones, Internet technology (e-mail, instant messaging), and medical technology.  They all come from Israeli scientists. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)