Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Good grief - I just made my third double-batch!

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:10 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 472 Total Views

My kids are PIGS!!!! Oh my goodness!  Lol

On Friday I made a double-batch of my Passover granola.  I cannot believe how quickly my family is going through it this year.  It was completely GONE before Havdala last night!

So, I started my morning today by making another double-batch.  It is already over half gone.  I just put the third double-batch in the oven for its final cooking.  

I swear my kids are going to eat me out of house and home!  I actually have the recipe memorized now.  Lol.

I might as well share the recipe with all of you - maybe your families can gobble it up as quickly as mine-

Pesach Granola

3 cups broken-up matzo (or Matzo farfel, if you can get it)

1/2 cup shredded coconut

1 cup chopped nuts - walnuts and almonds

1/4 cup canola oil

1/3 cup honey

1/2 cup dried fruit - raisins, craisins, apricots, apples...whatever you like

1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

salt

cinnamon

On a cookie sheet - combine matzo, coconut and nuts - sprinkle a little oil over top and stir a bit to "coat" mixture.  Bake in a 350*F oven for 20 minutes.

Remove pan from oven and keep near-by.

In a large pot combine 1/4 cup oil and 1/3 cup honey with a pinch of salt.  Simmer, stirring constantly until begins to bubble.  Add matzo mixture to pot.  STIR WELL, making sure to completely coat mixture.  Sprinkle on some cinnamon and stir in.

Pour mixture back onto cookies heart and spread out.

Bake in 350*F oven for 15-20 minutes - until mixture starts to brown.  Stir mixture a few times during cooking if you want.  Cinnamon will slightly burn.

Remove from oven and allow to completely cool.

Break up large chunks.  Add dried frui and chocolate chips.

Store in an airtight container - in the fridge if the weather is warm (assuming your family gives it time to sit around...lol).

by on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
coolmommy2x
by Member on Apr. 5, 2015 at 8:17 AM
That sounds so good! I don't blame them!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momof3inTN
by Member on Apr. 8, 2015 at 8:11 AM
I'm making the second triple batch today. LOL My kids love the granola. :-)
TableforSeven
by Bronze Member on Apr. 8, 2015 at 11:05 PM

I made my fifth batch last night.  Will make the sixth, and final, either tonight or tomorrow morning.  I can't believe how much dried fruit and nuts I have gone through this Chag!

Seashell77
by Member on Apr. 12, 2015 at 7:47 PM

Oh yum, that recipe sounds delicious. I know I'm late to reply, but wanted to comment anyway. Hope you and your family had a wonderful Passover week !

hippiemom45
by Member on Apr. 15, 2016 at 11:50 PM

yum that sounds amazing. :D

btw I am locked out of my fb account so that is why I haven't talked to you in so long. 

MandiVG
by Member on Apr. 16, 2016 at 4:08 PM
Sounds good! I'll have to try it.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)