Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Dry flaking skin

Posted by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:11 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 93 Total Views
It is driving me mad.

My face is so dry that it flakes.

I moisturize everyday.

Help.

What is a really good moisturizer?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Jan. 17, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
CrunchyBran
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 2:04 PM

Coconut oil.

MamaJasmine
by on Jan. 19, 2013 at 4:16 PM

drink more water.. you are dehydrated you should be drinking your weight in pounds divided by 2 in ounces.. I have a hard time getting that much down so I suppliment by drinking a coconut water daily to get extra hydration.. and what soap are you using on your face? this could be part of the problem especially in winter.  You might try switching to something more moisture based or containing some shea butter.  Make sure you apply lotion to your face every night after cleansing.. you can use any face moisturizer.. I personally love the burts bees kind or the california baby...  You can use coconut oil but you want to use that OVER a lotion... basically the lotion seeps into your skin and nurishes the epidermis and the oil (applied very lightly) will seal it in to help keep it moist and the humectants working longer... if you just put oil on your face it will seal in the dry skin.. but she is right coconut oil is wonderful and one of nature's miracles (its as awesome as Kale and Garlic). make sure you do this at night because this is when your skin cells rest and repair themselves.. during the day wash lightly and use a light moisturizer followed by a SPF.. I actually love beauty balm.. its a combo of moisturizer, spf 30 and a very light foundation... which I personally need to hide my pregnancy acne (which is not going away until after birth for sure).   

Luckily I am studying this right now and have a test this week on it... lol I love being in school for spa work!

caseydiane1986
by on Jan. 20, 2013 at 8:10 PM
This.

Quoting CrunchyBran:

Coconut oil.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
notjstanothrmom
by Group Owner on Jan. 23, 2013 at 10:21 AM

I am no help here. My skin is fine in that department. I am breaking out though and as a person who never even broke out as a teen, this is embarassing.

hopinforanother
by on Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:13 AM

I'm so dry too! 

Hannahsmommy816
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 1:56 PM

same here, it's quite annoying.

stupid dry winter air.

i use avon moisturizer but doesnt help much

fruitlooplexi
by on Feb. 5, 2013 at 2:41 PM
What ended up working for me was lubriderm right after my shower.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)