Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Anyone here getting their 20 week ultrasound?

Posted by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:40 AM
  • 15 Replies
  • 246 Total Views

We have yet to have an ultrasound but I am getting my 20 week anatomy scan. First off, I need to see that beautiful face! We have waited way too long to add to our family that I am just so anxious to peek into their world and see them! Second, I have had 4 miscarriages with all other testing being normal. Because of that it leaves genetic factors as a huge possibility as to why those babies didn't make it so we would like the scan to indicate any possible problems so that if we need to birth in a hospital that is what we will do rather then being surprised by something serious at home over 30 minutes to the nearest hospital.

by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
cemcnair
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 11:23 AM
1 mom liked this
I got mine. I don't do any other testing, but the anatomy scan is important to me. I'd want to know if we needed to prepare. (Plus, I'm a planner and reeeeeally want to know the sex)!
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
PeakMommy
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:14 PM
I did
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JMmama
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 12:15 PM
Yes. I also got the NT screening.
MamaJasmine
by on Feb. 10, 2013 at 1:41 PM

yes I am.. also got the NT scan.. and I want to know the sex.. I am already tearing up over cute dresses and I am going to need to mentally prepare myself if this is another boy... this is my last pregnancy.  

sarasquiverfull
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:25 AM
Yes but I'm no where near as crunchy as most of you. Plus I'm High Risk. However, the insight I have received from all of you crunchy moms has made me question many things and has informed me of alternatives I wouldn't have known of otherwise.
micheledo
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:41 AM

I'm not doing any ultrasounds unless there is reason for concern  (Last pregnancy I was measuring 12 weeks ahead, so we did one).

fruitlooplexi
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 10:57 AM
As of now, nope.

We are just going to get a quick peak this week to find out the sex. Should they spot something I will schedule the bigger one
Hannahsmommy816
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:19 PM

3 more days!!!!! :)

yes, we always get the 20wk anatomy scan, we like to find out the gender. I know it's a surprise for you :)

notjstanothrmom
by Group Owner on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:30 PM

YAY!! Us too! Valentines Day is our scan... also my son's birthday! It's going to be a GREAT day!

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

yes, we always get the 20wk anatomy scan, we like to find out the gender. I know it's a surprise for you :)

Hannahsmommy816
by on Feb. 11, 2013 at 1:32 PM

i meant 3 more days for you :) 3 more days until my 1st appt hahahah i have 11 weeks to the scan.

it will be a great day :)

Quoting notjstanothrmom:

YAY!! Us too! Valentines Day is our scan... also my son's birthday! It's going to be a GREAT day!

Quoting Hannahsmommy816:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)