Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Am I weird?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:31 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 197 Total Views

Poll

Question: weird or normal?

Options:

normal for you

weird for me

other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 1

View Results

So carbs are seen as the primary fuel for the body but rather than energize me, they just make me want to go to sleep or stay home and just chill out, but when I drop my carbs low or take a few days on meat only, I am super energized and am bouncing off the walls ready to run a marathon!  I took the metabolism diet quiz and I came back with a mixed metabolism.  I read somewhere that when your body reacts to carbs in that way (get sleepy) that it could be a thyroid issue.  I plan on getting another physical in May.

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:31 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
big_red05
by Bronze Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:19 AM
If you mean carbs like gluten then you are spot on gluten is bad for the body.. If you mean carbs like sweet potatoes brown rice veggies fruits then that makes sense

I don't eat a lot of gluten and when I do it's not gluten processed in America ;)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
popcornjenn
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:19 AM

^ Sounds normal if you have a gluten intolerance/allergy.  My dh has an intolerance and bloats up and can't lose weight and I stopped eating it for him.  I guess I do too because it makes me bloated and heavy. 

gymgirl
by Group Owner on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:35 AM

My Agreed with the girls above. But some of tje carbs she choose weren't the best. And she would do adkins a lot. But crash and get hungry again. There r tests for gluten intolerance.

Forever Fit and Healthy Group Owner
letstalk747
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:31 PM

bad carbs make me sleepy , and cause cravings

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)