Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Did my first 5k this past Saturday!

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 220 Total Views
1 mom liked this

I did my first 5k this weekend! It was the Glow Run in Beaufort SC with my sister! I did not do as good as I could have. I tried to stay with my sister but she can't run that great and her breathing is really bad, she can't control her breathing. So she had me run with her friends DD who is 12 after the  half way point. The girl sprints and then walk and sprints and then walks so I tried to help her understand how to pace herself. But we finished in 40:12 and my sister finished in 45:00!

It was fun and I am glad I got to do my first with my sister even if I didn't stay with her!

I am ready for another one!

There is one coming up at a Zoo next month I want to do! I think I am gonna sign up for it this weekend! It is to help raise money for the tigers! And then in October I will be back in SC to run another 5k with my sister! I am so glad I did my first one and know I just want to keep doing them!!

Me!

This was after! My sister had cried because she said she sucked! I told her she didn't, you finished and that is what matters!!

by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
letstalk747
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:03 PM

looks like fun

popcornjenn
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:11 PM

cute!  i would love to do a color run.  looks like fun.

sunshine86912
by Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:28 PM

I LOVE the neon tights! LOL

big_red05
by Bronze Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:19 AM
1 mom liked this
First ong you look so tiny!!! You look great! Second congrats on the 5k! Races are addicting :)
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tonya_Lynn84
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 6:37 AM

Thanks!

Quoting big_red05:

First ong you look so tiny!!! You look great! Second congrats on the 5k! Races are addicting :)

gymgirl
by Group Owner on Apr. 11, 2013 at 9:57 AM
CONGRATS!!!!!!!!! Awesome pics too!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)