Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Question for runners!!

Posted by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:36 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 181 Total Views

I need suggestions for a double jogger stroller! I have a Schwinn, but the front wheel doesn't swivel and i hate it because it's so hard to turn! 

So i want one that has a front swivel, and is good for long legged runners. I'm considering one of those that changes into a bike trailer too!

by on Apr. 26, 2013 at 6:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
sunshine86912
by Member on Apr. 29, 2013 at 5:26 AM

hmm my double jogger doesnt swivel..so im not help..plus my kids are almost too big for it lol

gymgirl
by Group Owner on Apr. 29, 2013 at 1:45 PM

I am not sure. when cassandra (big red) comes on she should know she is a runner and i think she has one.

big_red05
by Bronze Member on Apr. 30, 2013 at 3:25 AM
Swivel wheels are actually dangerous for running so a fixed wheel is recommended! As for tall runners I am tall and have a bob... But I think your best bet is to go to a few stores and try a few models because everyone is different with what works an doesn't work :)
MommaTurbo
by on Apr. 30, 2013 at 11:27 AM

Are all fixed wheels hard to turn? I mean this thing is SERIOUSLY hard to take even a slight curve with. I literally have to lift it off the front wheel and swivel it on the back wheels to get it to do anything but go straight. Super hard to run with! 

Quoting big_red05:

Swivel wheels are actually dangerous for running so a fixed wheel is recommended! As for tall runners I am tall and have a bob... But I think your best bet is to go to a few stores and try a few models because everyone is different with what works an doesn't work :)

big_red05
by Bronze Member on May. 1, 2013 at 3:56 AM
Yeah could be your stroller isn't very good for the weight you have... Like I said shop around :) swivel wheels have caused a lot of injuries to children/babies/ moms is all.. I have to push down with my double sometimes too.. Not so much with my single

Quoting MommaTurbo:

Are all fixed wheels hard to turn? I mean this thing is SERIOUSLY hard to take even a slight curve with. I literally have to lift it off the front wheel and swivel it on the back wheels to get it to do anything but go straight. Super hard to run with! 

Quoting big_red05:

MommaTurbo
by on May. 1, 2013 at 12:00 PM
1 mom liked this

It was a Schwinn Arrow (I say "was" becuase i sold it yesterday, i hated it that much! lol!) my kids aren't huge, by any means. Pretty average sized 2yo and 3.5yo. 

I'll have to go test drive some others!

Quoting big_red05:

Yeah could be your stroller isn't very good for the weight you have... Like I said shop around :) swivel wheels have caused a lot of injuries to children/babies/ moms is all.. I have to push down with my double sometimes too.. Not so much with my single

Quoting MommaTurbo:

Quoting big_red05:

big_red05
by Bronze Member on May. 3, 2013 at 9:41 AM
Yeah just test drive :) for real everything works different for othera
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)