Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you have enablers in your life?

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:13 AM
  • 4 Replies
  • 127 Total Views

Between my Mom and my husband losing weight is just a constant battle for me!  My Mom shows love through food so even though she knows I am trying to lose weight, she still goes out and buys me icecream (I didnt ask for it, it was on sale and she had a coupon).  My hubby also will go out and get whatever I ask for even though he is working on saying no more since he knows I am trying to lose weight.  He got mad at me for trying to move our girls away from too many processed foods though since I didnt want them to have bread, rice or pasta at dinner (chicken, broccoli and sweet potato mash).

by on Jul. 12, 2013 at 1:13 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
gymgirl
by Group Owner on Jul. 12, 2013 at 2:41 PM

I have no enablers. Your mom shouldn't do that. It is common to have people want us to fail at things in life. Some of my relatives wanted me to fail. I blew them off and did it anyways.

Healthy and Fit Forever http://cafemom.com/group/118269

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Jul. 12, 2013 at 9:23 PM

Quoting gymgirl:

I have no enablers. Your mom shouldn't do that. It is common to have people want us to fail at things in life. Some of my relatives wanted me to fail. I blew them off and did it anyways.

It's just how my family shows love is through our food. Hubby just would rather give in than argue with me, so it's me that has to bite my tongue and not ask for the junk food.

Hanab818
by on Jul. 13, 2013 at 12:19 PM

My mom. She always wants to go out for lunch or breakfast. But shes good about at least letting me pick the place so most of the time i get a semi decent healthy meal.

gymgirl
by Group Owner on Jul. 13, 2013 at 1:00 PM

It sucks when people do that. One thing I have learned in life. is people have a lot of jealousy when people succeed at things. Especially weight loss. I was called anorexic when i lost my weight. People got insulted because i would not eat the fatty foods at dinners. It was not just for weight. I have a serious cholesterol disorder and I can't eat like that. Try and blow them off and succeed.

Healthy and Fit Forever http://cafemom.com/group/118269

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)