Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WHEY PROTEIN??

Posted by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:00 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 72 Total Views

So I got these whey protein shakes that I just cannot take the taste of it, what can I do to tweak them in order to mask the flavor of it?  It like a pink lemondae flavor and a coffee flavor that i am supposed to mix with water and thats it but the whey taste seems to overpower them and that is all that I taste and its gross!!

What do you mix yours with?  Should I mix them with fruit and ice and make like a smoothie??  I just dont want to ruin its nutritional value by throwing in a lot of sugar,etc.

by on Jul. 16, 2013 at 3:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
big_red05
by Bronze Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 7:32 AM
You might need to try a different shake as well I know some protien powders I can't sand the taste of!

We mix with other fruit/veggies/ice/milk you are lactose intolerent? You could mix in almond or coconut milk as well as whatever fruit you have on hand bananas and strawberries do a great job helping flavor I think
CorpCityGrl
by Member on Jul. 16, 2013 at 8:49 AM

You can add ice or maybe even fruit to it to make it more palatable.  Usually bananas do a great job of masking any kind of flavor like that or with the coffee flavor, maybe peanut butter.  I never liked the taste of them though.  I use Shakeology shakes, which isn't a whey protein powder but tastes great.

gymgirl
by Group Owner on Jul. 16, 2013 at 11:35 AM
I mix it with almond milk. I bought a tub of protein and it tastes so bad. I just slam it. lol.

Healthy and Fit Forever http://cafemom.com/group/118269

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)