Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do I boost my HDL ( good cholesterol)??

Posted by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:34 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 102 Total Views

It was at 20 and should be at 50 although overall my cholesterol was low (161). I know weight loss is one key factor. I already stay away from fried foods but have partaken in eggs, bacon and red meats, which I guess will have to limit. I eat almonds and walnuts. I don't like avocados or seafood of any kind. I already use only olive oil and canola oil. I heard good things about flaxseed and coconut oil but what do I do with them? I don't like smoothies. Okay I'm a picky eater but rather I have a sensitive pallette and quick up chuck reflex.

by on Sep. 13, 2013 at 1:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
big_red05
by Bronze Member on Sep. 13, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Hmmm do you take fish oil? That is usually. Good alternative for people who don't lie fish.. Coconut oil can be used as cooking and seasoning food just like olive oil (you can also fry foods in it) flaxseed as well you can just mix it in with whatever you are eating and most people can't tell the difference
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 7:51 AM

Yeah like everyday but I just read on te bottle to take it 3 times per day and I just take it once in the morning. I guess I will definitely have to take it at each meal. Any other sources though? Its not like people are eating fishe 3 times per day.

Quoting big_red05:

Hmmm do you take fish oil? That is usually. Good alternative for people who don't lie fish.. Coconut oil can be used as cooking and seasoning food just like olive oil (you can also fry foods in it) flaxseed as well you can just mix it in with whatever you are eating and most people can't tell the difference

gymgirl
by Group Owner on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:23 AM

I am the cholesterol queen. 560 was my last count. it is frustrating. grapes lower it and honeydew also. honeydew can lower it significantly.

Healthy and Fit Forever http://cafemom.com/group/118269

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Sep. 14, 2013 at 8:31 AM

My good cholesterol is what is low so what do I do to boost that one? Honey dew reduces cholesterol? I never heard that, very interesting!

Quoting gymgirl:

I am the cholesterol queen. 560 was my last count. it is frustrating. grapes lower it and honeydew also. honeydew can lower it significantly.

gymgirl
by Group Owner on Sep. 16, 2013 at 12:09 PM

Did the docs say they want u to raise the good cholesterol?

Quoting MixedCooke:

My good cholesterol is what is low so what do I do to boost that one? Honey dew reduces cholesterol? I never heard that, very interesting!

Quoting gymgirl:

MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 1:38 AM

yes kinda because it should be around 50 and mine was at 20.  

Quoting gymgirl:

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting gymgirl:

gymgirl
by Group Owner on Sep. 18, 2013 at 8:45 AM

I did some research on it. And the advice was don't smpke, exercise and weight loss. That's pretty general. But orange juice helps higher it. I was suprised by that. But u can also eat oranges to get that effect. Eat soy and healthy fats.

Quoting MixedCooke:

yes kinda because it should be around 50 and mine was at 20.  

Quoting gymgirl:

Quoting MixedCooke:

Quoting gymgirl:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)