Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My Introduction (UPDATE)

Posted by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:05 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 78 Total Views
1 mom liked this

UPDATE: I went to my doctor's appointment and found out I lost 4 lbs. I am so happy. Now I only have 26 lbs to go!

Hello ladies.

My name is Mia and I am interested in finding new ways to get fit the healthy way. I have tried on my own and it has been hard. One time I lost 5 lbs and gained it back. Part of this has to do with trying not to eat the wrong stuff when I am PMSing and/or it is my monthly. But it is hard for me at times because the cravings are crazy and if I don't satisfy them, I will be a maniac! lol. For the most part, I have changed my diet to mostly vegetables, some fruit, 2% milk, yogurt, plenty of water, lentils, MUFAs and less red meat. When it comes to carbs, I try to stay to multigrains and whole wheat. If I want ice cream, I get the less fat and less sugar alternatives which are pretty good actually. I still am struggling with lack of energy even when I have a cup of Joe in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon.

I will be going to see my doctor tommorrow to have a physical and to have my thyroid  and blood levels checked.

P.S. I was told to start using Garcinia Cambogia of at least 60% concentration. Does anyone have any experience with this?

by on Sep. 17, 2013 at 5:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
MixedCooke
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 2:01 AM
1 mom liked this

Garcinia Cambogia seemed to work somewhat such as when I ate junk food, I would normally see like a 3 pound gain that following Monday (I was normally "bad" on the weekends) but with the garcinia cambogia, I didnt really see that gain.  I didnt notice any loss though.

big_red05
by Bronze Member on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:00 AM
I don't recommend That supplement.. It actually has some harsh side effects an rally isn't necessary If you are eating right and exercising

If you are craving something (even if its during that time of month) it means your body is deficient in a nutrient.. Since Completely switching to clean eating I don't get horrible cravings (or cravings at all)

The fatigue can be many things.. Not eating enough food (many women cut cals to severely) or not enough of the right nutrients you might also have a Gluten issue.. Over 40% o the population is gluten intolerant and in most cases it's hard to diagnose since going gluten free because of my daughters issue it's made a big difference in how Ifeel

I also make carrot lemonade when I need a huge energy boost (4 carrots, one lemon peeled, 1/4 finger of fresh ginger, parsley and a banana blended with some ice and water )
gymgirl
by Group Owner on Sep. 18, 2013 at 9:08 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome Here. I lost 50lbs by exercise and changing my diet. Diet is huge. Protein is sooooooo important. 5 servings a day. Increase your protein and u will see results.

There is an article about Garcinia Cambogia in the supplements section here. Here is a great and inexpensive supplement for weight loss. Fish Oil Caps. 4-5 a day. 1200 milligrams. Helps with weight loss. makes healthy skin and heart. And improves mood. There is an article on it in the supplement forum to. I get this brand. so u don't wreak like fish. lol. And space them. I took 3 at once and smelled like fish. lol.

And L-Glutamine helps me with sweet cravings. After a workout take a spoonful and mix it with water or just eat it. helps cravings and muscle soreness.

Both of these items r about 5 bucks.

Healthy and Fit Forever http://cafemom.com/group/118269

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)