Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

new!!!

Posted by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:32 AM
  • 10 Replies
  • 232 Total Views
2 moms liked this
I am Shannon. A 34 year old mommy of 4 and wife to my best friend. My youngest is 3 months old. This pregnancy I was uber lazy and had just come off an extremely physical job working for coke. When I quit that job my body went basically into shock, and than was pregnant 2 weeks later I only gained 30 lbs not really above the norm but none if it was good weight either... I am 5'3" and currently weigh 147-150 depending on the day. I have started an at home routine of working out. Like this morning after my morning nursing session I did a 45 min workout which included jumping jacks, squats, planks, crunches, high knees and some arm weight moves (my arms are huge!). I want to go heavy right off. I want to get something like that in 2 to 3 times a day.
I do have to be careful because I'm still nursing and plan to at least for a year so I have to make sure I'm eating enough. I just need to make sure I'm getting enough protein and water. My two weakest items...
One problem I'm having right now is I wear my baby girl a lot in the Moby as I do things around the house or run errands, and my shoulder blade muscles (can't remember what they're actually called) are very sore. It makes pushup, and even crunches more painful than they should be... Anyone have some advice on how to help that? Any ideas on anything in this post or thoughts are appreciated:-) Have a fantastic day!
by on Dec. 12, 2014 at 9:32 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gymgirl
by Group Owner on Dec. 12, 2014 at 12:22 PM

welcome here. When u say u hurt on your shoulders. Is it your wearing a snugli and putting the baby in it. so your kinda sore on the neck and shoulders?

Good u have made a workout routine. You should do it once a day. 5 times a week. You only need to work out once a day to get results. i understand on the protein. It is hard to get it in. I use liquid protein when I need extra.

Healthy and Fit Forever http://cafemom.com/group/118269

shaye
by New Member on Dec. 14, 2014 at 7:33 PM
1 mom liked this
It's a Moby. Similar to the snugli I think. And yes sore partly due to carrying her around but also from the pish ups and lifting hand weights. Oh liquid protein... Interesting. I'll have to look into that. Thank you.

Quoting gymgirl:

welcome here. When u say u hurt on your shoulders. Is it your wearing a snugli and putting the baby in it. so your kinda sore on the neck and shoulders?

Good u have made a workout routine. You should do it once a day. 5 times a week. You only need to work out once a day to get results. i understand on the protein. It is hard to get it in. I use liquid protein when I need extra.

gymgirl
by Group Owner on Dec. 15, 2014 at 11:34 AM

how often do u lift weights and do pushups a week?

Quoting shaye: It's a Moby. Similar to the snugli I think. And yes sore partly due to carrying her around but also from the pish ups and lifting hand weights. Oh liquid protein... Interesting. I'll have to look into that. Thank you.
Quoting gymgirl:

Djinn83
by New Member on Dec. 15, 2014 at 12:42 PM
2 moms liked this

Your shoulder blades hurt because your chest is tight. Look up how to stretch your chest. Then do exercises for your postural chain to strengthen it and prevent this from happening in the future. (Lat rows, rear delt raises, and deadlifts are the best.)

shaye
by New Member on Dec. 16, 2014 at 9:37 AM
I lift weights at home every other day. And sets of 10 push ups anywhere from 3-7 times a day almost every day.

Quoting gymgirl:

Quoting shaye: It's a Moby. Similar to the snugli I think. And yes sore partly due to carrying her around but also from the pish ups and lifting hand weights. Oh liquid protein... Interesting. I'll have to look into that. Thank you.

Quoting gymgirl:

shaye
by New Member on Dec. 16, 2014 at 9:37 AM
Thank you for the idea! :-)

Quoting Djinn83:

Your shoulder blades hurt because your chest is tight. Look up how to stretch your chest. Then do exercises for your postural chain to strengthen it and prevent this from happening in the future. (Lat rows, rear delt raises, and deadlifts are the best.)

Djinn83
by New Member on Dec. 16, 2014 at 10:29 AM

Are you doing any back exercises? Working one muscle group without strengthening the opposing muscle group creates a muscle imbalance. If you are going to work your push muscles (chest, shoulders and triceps) you need to work your pull muscles (lats, back and biceps) or you will have serious problems.

Quoting shaye: I lift weights at home every other day. And sets of 10 push ups anywhere from 3-7 times a day almost every day.
Quoting gymgirl:

Quoting gymgirl:

gymgirl
by Group Owner on Dec. 16, 2014 at 10:53 AM
2 moms liked this

Take rest days. U don't want to work a body part everyday. u need time to rest it to build muscle and we need recovery. so I would do pushups 2 times a week. and I find that epsom salt is awesome to soak in when u r soar. It helps soooo much. 3 bucks at walmart.

Quoting shaye: I lift weights at home every other day. And sets of 10 push ups anywhere from 3-7 times a day almost every day.
Quoting gymgirl:

Quoting gymgirl:

MixedCooke
by on Dec. 19, 2014 at 2:36 AM

Hey, would you like to buddy up?  I just had a baby too in August!  She will be 4 months old on the 22nd and is my 3rd child.  I am 36 and 5'3" as well but l weigh 193 at last weigh in.  Actually the more push ups and crunches that you do, the less pain you will feel from carrying her.  You can also think of her as your free and wiggly weights and do squats while hugging her, sit her on your legs and crunch up and kiss her, sit her on your feet and lift her (leg extension), go for walks with her (cardio), lay on your back and airplane with her (chest press), lay her down and do push ups kissing her on your way down, just lifting her you are doing hammer curls!  Anyway, let me know!

MixedCooke
by on Dec. 19, 2014 at 2:40 AM

My workout routine involves Mondays and Thursdays--Upper body, abs, cardio, Tuesdays and Friday--Lower body, abs and cardio.  Wednesdays and Saturdays--straight cardio only.  Sundays--day of rest.  I also break it up in 15 minute increments switching to a different move each minute so its less jarring to my system and I have gotten fantastic results!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)